Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Business class seat selection

I booked 2 business class seats to Tokyo in May last summer and selected seats then. My wife is a nervous flyer and she needs to either be sat next to a window or me.

With both flights with the new cabin she decided she would rather be by the window so settled on one seat in front of the other.

At some point since then they've changed the plane to what I assume is the old style cabin and in doing so put her in an aisle seat in the row behind. I've managed to catch this and move use elsewhere and next to each other.

I don't recall any kind of notification that it had been changed, should I have got one? Any chance of the plane being switched back and if so is there any way for me to get notified? I don't want to turn up at the airport and find the planes been switched and we are in completely different seats again (VA did this to us once on a long haul flight, which went down about as well as you can imagine).
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by garak112
I booked 2 business class seats to Tokyo in May last summer and selected seats then. My wife is a nervous flyer and she needs to either be sat next to a window or me.

With both flights with the new cabin she decided she would rather be by the window so settled on one seat in front of the other.

At some point since then they've changed the plane to what I assume is the old style cabin and in doing so put her in an aisle seat in the row behind. I've managed to catch this and move use elsewhere and next to each other.

I don't recall any kind of notification that it had been changed, should I have got one? Any chance of the plane being switched back and if so is there any way for me to get notified? I don't want to turn up at the airport and find the planes been switched and we are in completely different seats again (VA did this to us once on a long haul flight, which went down about as well as you can imagine).
AF may still change the aircraft in the last minutes.

If you are under the same booking, they shall be able to put you together. In the airport, they usually have several seats on hold and they can release them to you.

Worst case scenario, why don't you tell the FA and ask a fellow pax to change seats with you?
garak112 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF never send notifications in case of plane type change. The best you can do is to check regularly your booking and adjust the seats eventually.
garak112 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
I next fly from LHR to PVG via CDG and cannot see the seat map on the two return flights .
I can see all flights on KL web and mobile site but with an error: A380 instead B777...
My others next reservations are well documented..
garak112 likes this.

Last edited by delanotre; Mar 8, 2019 at 10:56 am Reason: english
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by delanotre
I next fly from LHR to PVG via CDG and cannot see the seat map on the two return flights .
I can see all flights on KL web and mobile site but with an error: A380 instead B777...
My others next reservations are well documented..
Am I guessing right that you are in P ?
If yes, I hope that the B777 will stay in your booking !
garak112 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Also applies to J if it's B777 with BEST.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Also applies to J if it's B777 with BEST.
of course !
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:05 am

Yes, B777 (1A) outbound and A380 (2L) on return. To be honest I like both planes: A380 is, of course, less intimate but I appreciate the silence.
And what will happen if the A380 is replaced by the B777 because P class is full on return (9 seats) and I should not like to be downgraded in business.
A Cornelian choice for chinese staff in PVG ..
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by delanotre
Yes, B777 (1A) outbound and A380 (2L) on return. To be honest I like both planes: A380 is, of course, less intimate but I appreciate the silence.
And what will happen if the A380 is replaced by the B777 because P class is full on return (9 seats) and I should not like to be downgraded in business.
A Cornelian choice for chinese staff in PVG ..
if such an unfortunate situation was happening, I strongly recommend you to deal with either the P or the Platinum lines in FR and not trust the local team who will not care at all. If you cannot fly in P on your booked flight, I see 3 possibilities :
- accept a downgrade in J
- fly the next day
- ask to be re-routed via PEK, SIN or HND
glennhaak likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:46 am

if such an unfortunate situation was happening, I strongly recommend you to deal with either the P or the Platinum lines in FR and not trust the local team who will not care at all. If you cannot fly in P on your booked flight, I see 3 possibilities :
- accept a downgrade in J
- fly the next day
- ask to be re-routed via PEK, SIN or HND
Merci Goldorak ^

Last edited by delanotre; Mar 11, 2019 at 10:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.