Wiki Posts
Search

flight AF 006 on Jun. 12 18

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
AC is clearly written 2 hours or more

i have real experience with many airlines including: AC, UA, LH, W6, DL, OS, & more, i never had a problem changing to other flights, only now first time with AF.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:07 am
q

Originally Posted by travel agent
AC is clearly written 2 hours or more

i have real experience with many airlines including: AC, UA, LH, W6, DL, OS, & more, i never had a problem changing to other flights, only now first time with AF.
My reading of your Air Canada quote ... must be different than yours.
For a situation as yours with AF, I think it would be difficult to improve by changing to a different flight. (It would be different if you had a connecting flight at JFK of course).
Could you give more details on your success with one of the Other airlines, in a similar situation as here, or close enough?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

did you read the whole quote from AC?

In the case of an extended delay to an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight* which is expected to last:
  • 2 hours or more:
    • You can change your reservation at no cost by choosing a new departure date within 7 days of your original travel date. If you change your departing flight, you can also, at the same time, choose a new return flight to match the same length of stay, if necessary.
i have real experience with delays of 1-2 hours, thats why it was very disappointing about AF, i have never been declined to change flights in such cases.

I also remember once with UA a 20 min. change, not affecting the connection & I was able to change to a direct flight.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Some...
So none of the mentionned airlines would have offer a refund for such delay.

Moreover, it is difficult to consider it as a single delay. The first delay was only one hour (as mentionned in the first post). This one was scheduled.
The second hour is apparently due to a mechanical issue and can't be predicted.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

in some quotes its written also refunds & for the other you can find it in the link, all the airlines are offering refunds

regarding the delay, the second delay was 2 additional hours, but it arrived only 2:21 late.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:11 am
q

OK I remain curious, if in the future you get a refund for a 2-3 hour delay (and for an otherwise non-refundable ticket), please remember this discussion and come here to tell us about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.