Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket validation at BUD for Air France flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Ticket validation at BUD for Air France flight

Ticket validation

During ticket validation you will be required to present your airline ticket, a valid passport or other travel document (a personal ID card is sufficient for EEC member states and Schengen countries) and a valid visa, if necessary based on relations with the destination country. You are advised to check the validity of your passport or other travel document and your visa in advance, since you may be barred from traveling in the absence of these.

A number of issues related to your journey may be decided during ticket validation, such as your final seat, the quantity of hand baggage allowed or a potential fee payable in relation to excess baggage. In line with the airline ticket class (economy, business, first class) and depending on certain security regulations and the number of free seats remaining, passengers can chose where they would like to sit. A boarding pass will be received at the time of ticket validation, which specifies the following information: name of passenger, flight number, travel class, boarding gate number, exact time of boarding, passenger’s seat number.

Passengers are required to arrive at the boarding gate by the time indicated on the boarding pass. Passengers may have their bookings deleted if they do not report to the gate at the specified time, or arrive late.
Is ticket validation required at BUD for all tickets/airlines? If you use the check in kiosk, does it validate your ticket? Or do you need to go to the check in counter?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have no clue what is "ticket validation". It seems like they just talk about check-in operation where your passport will be checked, etc etc. All very ordinary ! You can check-in on-line, at a kiosk, at the counter. It doesn't matter.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have no clue what is "ticket validation". It seems like they just talk about check-in operation where your passport will be checked, etc etc. All very ordinary ! You can check-in on-line, at a kiosk, at the counter. It doesn't matter.
Yes maybe the term doesn't translate into English well. Maybe nothing special. Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've never considered the boarding time to be a deadline for being at the gate. To me, it's just a goal about when they might like to start boarding or even allowing people to enter a holding pen.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've never considered the boarding time to be a deadline for being at the gate. To me, it's just a goal about when they might like to start boarding or even allowing people to enter a holding pen.
BUD has basic boarding gates...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.