Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partial closure of the 2E-L lounge from 20th April till July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
in any case, you cannot be sure to have the opportunity to try it if you don't have a flight departing from L and you cannot know this in advance.

Good point! LOL
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I was just going to post the question when exactly this month the lounge would reopen, until I realised that it is closed until July 2018!

15 months of work, good God, what are they doing?!? Installing air-traffic control technology there? Elsewhere, entire airports get built in that time (maybe not in Berlin, though). In any case, the expectations are very high.
Anyone has an idea what it is that takes so long? I know they're doing some work to the kitchen, but is that all?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: FB Plat
2F lounges only took a few months each for renovation, and I didn't see any improvment on the pax side. I don't think they'll take a year for "just" a kitchen.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I was just going to post the question when exactly this month the lounge would reopen, until I realised that it is closed until July 2018!

15 months of work, good God, what are they doing?!? Installing air-traffic control technology there? Elsewhere, entire airports get built in that time (maybe not in Berlin, though). In any case, the expectations are very high.
Anyone has an idea what it is that takes so long? I know they're doing some work to the kitchen, but is that all?
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
2F lounges only took a few months each for renovation, and I didn't see any improvment on the pax side. I don't think they'll take a year for "just" a kitchen.
part of the lounge will reopen in January and full reopening in June.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I think it's a major overhaul. Wouldn't surprise me if it looks similar to 2E-M after the renovation. And that means: stripping out everything and starting from scratch.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
For comparison, they're doing a major overhaul (stripping out everything , different layout, different kitchen concept with front cooking, new furniture, etc) of both the Senator and Business lounge in Zurich Terminal A, to look like the lounge in Pier E. This is similar to the change from the old AF style to the 2E-M style. Closure in August, re-opening in April.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Flying Blue ULTIs will have an Air France personal assistant to ride on the bus with them
aka the bus driver.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Does anyone know how these renovations are going?

I read somewhere else that the L lounge is now partially open, but does partially mean that the lounge will be full (around 9:00) and that it will be difficult/impossible to find somewhere to sit? We have almost 5 hours before our next flight. I see something about "Air France lounge" in the app, will I get a notification if the lounge is full? Or will they know at the entrance?

I wouldn't be asking this if it wasn't because twice this month my husband and I wasted time and energy wondering around the 2F lounges trying to find somewhere to sit to no avail, we had to leave. Never happened before. People were eating and working standing up but the women at the front desk seemed to think I was a nuisance for complaining, and wouldn't answer whether they keep track of the amount of people they allow in. Had we known from the start that the lounge was full we wouldn't have bothered going there.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ticino
Does anyone know how these renovations are going?

I read somewhere else that the L lounge is now partially open, but does partially mean that the lounge will be full (around 9:00) and that it will be difficult/impossible to find somewhere to sit? We have almost 5 hours before our next flight. I see something about "Air France lounge" in the app, will I get a notification if the lounge is full? Or will they know at the entrance?
As a first, if your flight will not depart from the hall in question (L), then it is unlikely that they will let you in. Secondly, they will not allow guests from 7AM to 1:30PM. More about the lounge itself here (excellent post from Goldorak).

G
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
As a first, if your flight will not depart from the hall in question (L), then it is unlikely that they will let you in. Secondly, they will not allow guests from 7AM to 1:30PM. More about the lounge itself here (excellent post from Goldorak).

G
My flight has been departing from L for the past few days, I have checked 4-5 times with AdPs app. And, both my husband and I are Gold, and we are flying Business anyway so we should have lounge access regardless of status.

Thanks for the link!! looks nice, I just hope I find somewhere to sit dow.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ticino
My flight has been departing from L for the past few days, I have checked 4-5 times with AdPs app. And, both my husband and I are Gold, and we are flying Business anyway so we should have lounge access regardless of status.

Thanks for the link!! looks nice, I just hope I find somewhere to sit dow.
You're sorted then. The lounge is nice indeed and possibly even nicer than what it looks like in the pictures, a massive upgrade without a doubt.

Enjoy.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.