Partial closure of the 2E-L lounge from 20th April till July 2018

Old Apr 22, 17, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Partial closure of the 2E-L lounge from 20th April till July 2018

As mentioned by Goldorak in a different thread:

FERMETURE PARTIELLE DU SALON DU TERMINAL 2E HALL L À PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE DU 20 AVRIL 2017 À JUILLET 2018
Pour fêter ses 10 ans, votre salon situé dans le hall L du terminal 2E se refait une beauté !
Durant les travaux, selon votre vol, nous vous accueillons dans ce salon ou dans l'un des autres salons du terminal 2E.
PARTIAL CLOSURE OF THE LOUNGE IN HALL L TERMINAL 2E IN PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT FROM 20 APRIL 2017 TO JULY 2018
To celebrate its 10-year anniversary, the lounge in Hall L Terminal 2E is getting a makeover! During the refurbishment, we will be ready to welcome you in this lounge or in another of the Terminal 2E lounges, depending on your flight.

I'm wondering what we will be ready to welcome you in this lounge or in another of the Terminal 2E lounges, depending on your flight. means. Especially since the depending on your flight isn't present in the french version.

Will the security dragons let us access the K terminal even though our flight doesn't leave from there?
I will call the Plat line closer to my next long layover in CDG to get more information but if you know anything you're welcome to share it here!

Last edited by Mirk; Apr 23, 17 at 2:29 am
Old Apr 22, 17, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Hi Mirk
several things here :
- reopening date of L : January or july 2018 ? Your post mentions July. When I posted the news in the lounge thread, I had my informations from the AF/KL travel agents portal. The title of their news indicated July but the rest of the text and the flyer they linked (I posted screenshots of it) were displaying at 4 different places "15 JAN 2018". So I assumed January was the correct date and also because it means 9 months of closure which is a lot already.
- partial or total closure ? Your post indicates partial closure which is interesting because it may explain the limited list of flights which were listed in the AF flyer. The news in the AF portal was not saying anything about partial.

Any information we can collect from our various sources will be more than welcome

I don't know if it is better to have a separate thread to discuss this subject or to have everything in the lounge thread. Mods, please advise and decide

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 23, 17 at 6:43 pm
Old Apr 23, 17, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Hey Goldorak

After you mentioned the closure, I went directly for AF website and just did a copy and past of the message I found there on the FR and EN version.

That's the only information I have !
Attached Images  
Old Apr 23, 17, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Pictures taken today at CDG :
- 1st one in 2E after immigration and just before K security checkpoint (consistent with the flyer posted in the lounge thread)
- 2nd one at the entrance of M lounge
Attached Images   
Old Apr 24, 17, 2:57 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz 5*, Mas Gold, Best Western Diamond (+ many low tier cards)
That's going to be a crowded 2E-K, and crowded partial 2E-L! However, I rather endure a crowded lounge than that strange concept they had when 2E-K was closed! In worst case you have to search and wait a little before you can get a seat.

Hope that the L lounge is going to be a similar concept as the M lounge. The M lounge is a great place to hang out!
Old Apr 24, 17, 6:28 am
Original Poster

I don't understand why they don't shift some flights from L to M since the M gates go basically unused for most of the day.
Old Apr 24, 17, 6:32 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz 5*, Mas Gold, Best Western Diamond (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
I don't understand why they don't shift some flights from L to M since the M gates go basically unused for most of the day.
Educated guess: because keeping three satellites operational is more expensive than keeping two satellites operational.
Old Apr 24, 17, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
Educated guess: because keeping three satellites operational is more expensive than keeping two satellites operational.
Fair enough but a quick look suggests that it would be possible to shift all the widebodies from K to M keeping the K for medium-haul and close the L earlier instead of the M.
Unlikely they will shift any ground operations just over a lounge issue anyway.

2E should get some lounges from third party operators. It's a shame there's not a single PP lounge over there.
Old Apr 24, 17, 7:20 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
10 years
Old Apr 24, 17, 7:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
As I am a CDG 2E novice, how do you get from the 2K/2M lounge to 2L, as you have to pass through security?
Old Apr 24, 17, 8:31 am

Programs: FB platinum
From Goldorak's post in the lounges thread, they put special shuttles to transfer pax airside between 2E/L and 2E/M or 2E/K.
Old Apr 24, 17, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Shuttles = buses? That sounds unpleasant.
Old Apr 24, 17, 9:52 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Flying Blue ULTIs will have an Air France personal assistant to ride on the bus with them
Old Apr 24, 17, 10:04 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Yes... See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28213712-post414.html

@San Gottardo >
Old Apr 24, 17, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Flying Blue ULTIs will have an Air France personal assistant to ride on the bus with them

or alternatively, you can have your own private bus, but you need to drive it

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: