Wiki Posts
Search

Flying With Infant 77W

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Flying With Infant 77W

Flying next month in Premium Economy CDG-JFK on a 77W (This Version). Have been told by AF that we cannot sit on the two seat sides of the cabin with an infant (e.g., A/B or K/L seats). Only reason I can think they would say this is due to number of oxygen masks available, but seems crazy that there wouldn't be a third one available on the two seat side on both sides of the aircraft. We've flown the AF 772 with our baby before on the K/L side without issue. If anyone has experience and could verify, would be greatly appreciated. Not thrilled to be sitting in the middle section.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:11 pm

I'm assuming they want to stick you at the front so as to put a bassinet on the wall. There's no bulkhead in front of those seats on the side plus it's an exit row.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Hmm interesting. Wasn't trying for the exit row. We'd rather forgo the bassinet and have a two seater especially since it's daytime. But they won't budge on only allowing 24 in the middle. Think you must be right on the bulkhead.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
That's weird... I would try to call them again. I fly W on this plane 5-6 times per year and there is a bulkhead in the first row of W and the two aisle seats (B & K) are blocked until check-in specifically for bassinets.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

So I called AF again and got a supervisor. I was told that they will not assign me anything except the bulkhead/bassinet seat since I have an infant and that I can try to change at the airport. I laughed, like there will be an open set of two day of departure. Oh well, should be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.