Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E-2G Transit (Lounge Question)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

CDG 2E-2G Transit (Lounge Question)

I am arriving on AF at CDG 2E from Moscow and connecting to a domestic AF flight leaving from CDG 2G. I understand that the AF lounge at 2G is very basic and might not be the best place to spend a long connection (4.5 hours).

Is there any chance that I could use an AF lounge at 2E, and then clear the immigration and transfer from 2E to 2G (ideally, airside)?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unfortunately no, and definitely the 2G lounge is not the best place to spend such a long time. When is your trip ? Because a brand new nice lounge will open soon in 2G (approx beginning of march).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Goldorak. I am travelling in early April. Would you recommend paying to access the arrivals lounge in 2C then, and then proceed to 2G closer to departure time?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Aquitania
Thank you, Goldorak. I am travelling in early April. Would you recommend paying to access the arrivals lounge in 2C then, and then proceed to 2G closer to departure time?
Certainly not. At that time the new lounge will be open and I'm sure it will be a nice one. So head for 2G !
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you - sincerely appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think AF has set the new T2G lounge in-service date as March 1st. I look forward to it.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think AF has set the new T2G lounge in-service date as March 1st. I look forward to it.
I confirm (we have the same source of information )
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I have a trip next week 2E-2G as well with 2:20 hours to spare. Coming in from JFK in J. Recommendation on which lounge to spend my time in? Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by seawolf
I have a trip next week 2E-2G as well with 2:20 hours to spare. Coming in from JFK in J. Recommendation on which lounge to spend my time in? Thanks.
no choice : 2G (not enough time to go to arrival lounge in 2C). Unfortunately, the new lounge in 2G ipwill not be open yet (1st march). Better to stay in the regular waiting area...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Goldorak
no choice : 2G (not enough time to go to arrival lounge in 2C). Unfortunately, the new lounge in 2G ipwill not be open yet (1st march). Better to stay in the regular waiting area...
Any reason why 2h20m on the ground is not enough time?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Any reason why 2h20m on the ground is not enough time?
Because 2E to 2C and then 2C to 2G involve long walks and bus ride (to reach 2G) and if you add possibly very long lines at immigration, possible wait at the arrival lounge for the shower, I don't think 2h20 is confortable enough to go to 2C. But you can try if everything goes smoothly and on-time.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Because 2E to 2C and then 2C to 2G involve long walks and bus ride (to reach 2G) and if you add possibly very long lines at immigration, possible wait at the arrival lounge for the shower, I don't think 2h20 is confortable enough to go to 2C. But you can try if everything goes smoothly and on-time.
thanks for the tip. Never did this connection before.

but I was planning to skip the shower until getting to DUS. No other lounge worth visiting/have access to other than 2C and 2G?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

No other lounge worth visiting/have access to other than 2C and 2G?
Normally you cannot access any lounge outside your departing terminal/concourse. Some posters here have reported being occasionally successful to do so, but with only 2h20 to spare, unpredictable line lengths at immigration and if you are unfamiliar with CDG, I would certainly not recommend you to go "out of the path". 2h20 may seems long, but it's not so long
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Member

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Immigration in 2E is definitely hit or miss. Had SkyPriority but they only had one person working this queue. While I was 6 in line, there were about 2 dozen behind me. Definitely not really much of a priority.

Was able to get to 2C from 2E with a 15 minutes walk but arrivals lounge is really nothing worth writing about. Took another 10-15 minutes to walk from 2C to 2F to catch N2 bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.