Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk-er tour of CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Flyertalk-er tour of CDG

Hi everyone.

I have a connection at CDG next week. It's 2E to 2E.

I don't fly Air France much so I'm looking forward to everything being different.

Unfortunately, I'm in economy, but I know I can pay to enter the lounge as a Flying Blue member. Does anyone know about the 25€/35€ charges? Why are they different? Entering the lounge like this, is this a common thing to do, or will the agents find it odd?

Secondly, and to the title of the thread, as I have some time, I'm hoping to have a nose around Terminal 2. As I'm arriving into 2E, I will go landside for a while.

Once back landside at T2, I know you can normally only access the gates you're departing from. Is it possible to get the train to Gates L and M and still get back to E? I wouldn't go through security, just turn around again but it would be nice to pass some time and have a look around.

Any other tips for a Flyertalk-er tour of CDG..
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Entering the lounge like this, is this a common thing to do, or will the agents find it odd?
They will certainly not find it odd. Note that it is subject to availability. 2E lounges can get very crowded in the morning

Secondly, and to the title of the thread, as I have some time, I'm hoping to have a nose around Terminal 2. As I'm arriving into 2E, I will go landside for a while.
As you are connecting 2E to 2E, you are not supposed to go landside, but of course nothing prevent you to do this if your citizenship does not require a visa to enter the Schengen area. I don't know how long is your connection, but if your objective is just to go landside term 2E, I really don't see the point of passing immigration twice knowing that immigration can be very very crowded at peak times.

Once back landside at T2, I know you can normally only access the gates you're departing from. Is it possible to get the train to Gates L and M and still get back to E? I wouldn't go through security, just turn around again but it would be nice to pass some time and have a look around.
For the bolded word, I suppose you mean "airside". Yes normally you can only access the concourse you are departing from. Some posters have mentioned on this forum being allowed to reach other concourses, but those remain exceptions. Again, you say you don't intend to pass security and so forget about this plan, because there will be nothing to see/do before security.

So, in summary, unless your connection is sufficiently long to allow you to spend enough time outside the airport (e.g. going to Paris), just stay airside doing your "regular" connection intra-2E and navigate around your concourse and try to pay your lounge access as you suggested.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.

I have about three hours for the connection. The second flight leaves around 1630 and has been using L-gates the last few days.

So I guess I'll just use the train to get from the main 2E to L-gates.

Are arriving passengers and departing passengers kept separate when using the train or do they mix? Like could you go to the L-gates and back to 2E and then back to L again? I won't do this but am just trying to understand the set up and know when I've passed the point of no return, if you know what I mean.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
2E isn't a set of gates. 2E is the complex containing K, L and M gates. As soon as you clear immigration (just after check-in), you are in the K hall.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
2E isn't a set of gates. 2E is the complex containing K, L and M gates. As soon as you clear immigration (just after check-in), you are in the K hall.
Am I right that the setup at 2E after checkin is immigration, then access to the train for L and M or go through security to the K gates?

I suppose I've been wondering if you're departing from K gates, could you go for a return trip on the train, after which you then clear security to get right to the K gates.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Am I right that the setup at 2E after checkin is immigration, then access to the train for L and M or go through security to the K gates?

I suppose I've been wondering if you're departing from K gates, could you go for a return trip on the train, after which you then clear security to get right to the K gates.
yes and yes.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes and yes.
Thanks for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.