Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I used expertflyer, the flight schedule option.
Noted. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs down Welcone to the wonderful world of ADP

A little update on automated gates in 2E:
- departure : as said previously, new gates are on the left handside of the hall and there are a total of ....atttention....be ready....4. Not a joke. This is how ADP hopes to solve the crowding issue. Super !!!
- arrival : they have started to install new gates in the center of the hall. Pretty weird place to install them and with the size of the area with work on-going, I am not expecting more than 3 or 4 gates. Signs indicate they will be ready for the summer 2017 (but aren't we already in summer 2017 ?)

Thank you ADP, really
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I would be curious to know if the management of ADP sometimes visits other airports. Obviously, they likely think they know better but c'mon...

At Heathrow I experienced T3 and T4, they both have more than 12 automatic passport gates on arrival, BHX has 12 etc etc
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
And even the French checkpoint at the Eurostar Terminal in London has more! And that is where they have a few hundred people boarding a train. At CDG 2E they have the whole non-Schengen traffic of Europe's second largest airport

Let's hope at least that they all work!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
At Heathrow I experienced T3 and T4, they both have more than 12 automatic passport gates on arrival, BHX has 12 etc etc
Correct. To be fair, regarding LHR T4, the experience is as horrible as CDG for passport control if you don't have a EU biometric passport. The lines are horribly long. But at least for EU passports, with the kiosks, you are out in 2 minutes.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Many
ADP has done a great work to improve the pax experience at CDG in the past 10 years. So they have proven being able to successfully manage projects. I am afraid they might be too much dependent on Police Aux Frontičres on that topic though.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

By the way, do the new PARAFES gates work for all EU/EEA/CH passports without registration as in all the other countries? Or is it still the situation where only French passport holders don't need to register?

i did see a number of UK passport holders use the French e-gates in London, but maybe they were registered
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
By the way, do the new PARAFES gates work for all EU/EEA/CH passports without registration as in all the other countries? Or is it still the situation where only French passport holders don't need to register?
I think it works without pre-registration for all EU/EEA/CH, but it would be nice to have a confirmation by someone who is in that case.

I did see a number of UK passport holders use the French e-gates in London, but maybe they were registered
No need to pre-register in UK
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
ADP has done a great work to improve the pax experience at CDG in the past 10 years. So they have proven being able to successfully manage projects. I am afraid they might be too much dependent on Police Aux Frontičres on that topic though.
I feel that you are very, very kind with ADP in its past projects.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No need to pre-register in UK
Sorry, I must not have been clear. When I wrote

i did see a number of UK passport holders use the French e-gates in London, but maybe they were registered
I was not talking about the gates set up by the UK authorities to enter the UK. But about the French gates that are set up in London (at the Eurostar terminal), where I had seen UK passport holders use them. I know we are discussing airports, but since we are also discussing the new biometric immigration gates I thought the ones in the Eurostar terminals were relevant as I presume they are the same as in airports, even though they are not physically on French soil.

In any case, the fact that UK passport holders were using French e-gates - irrespective of where those gates are located - is not necessarily proof that registration is no longer necessary, maybe these were Brits who had previously registered for PARAFES.

Hence, I share your desire for someone to tell us whether the new gates require registering. Maybe I'll try one out next time with my other passport.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Sorry, I must not have been clear. When I wrote

I was not talking about the gates set up by the UK authorities to enter the UK. But about the French gates that are set up in London (at the Eurostar terminal), where I had seen UK passport holders use them. I know we are discussing airports, but since we are also discussing the new biometric immigration gates I thought the ones in the Eurostar terminals were relevant as I presume they are the same as in airports, even though they are not physically on French soil.

In any case, the fact that UK passport holders were using French e-gates - irrespective of where those gates are located - is not necessarily proof that registration is no longer necessary, maybe these were Brits who had previously registered for PARAFES.

Hence, I share your desire for someone to tell us whether the new gates require registering. Maybe I'll try one out next time with my other passport.
sorry for the misunderstanding
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Anyone brave enough to fly today? Start of summer vacation.

Already now getting to CDG is challenging. Traffic blocked back all the way from the motorway. I just télé-guided someone over the phone to pass by terminal 2G and into the 2F parking to access 2E.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: AF/KL PLAT
It is a complete zoo today.
The line for SkyPriority passport control at 2E snakes way beyond the entry portal, continues all the way behind the checkin counters. Lots of discussions and stressed passengers.
At the same time major noise and Police force around a Cote d'Ivoire diaspora manifestation at 2E arrivals downstairs which also blocks fluid passage.

Anyone brave enough to fly today? Start of summer vacation.

Already now getting to CDG is challenging. Traffic blocked back all the way from the motorway. I just télé-guided someone over the phone to pass by terminal 2G and into the 2F parking to access 2E.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
My spouse is flying on Tuesday but out of Orly, and so I am in 11 days. We decided to give up CDG due to the horrible lines at immigration and take the ORY-JFK flight instead.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
My spouse is flying on Tuesday but out of Orly, and so I am in 11 days. We decided to give up CDG due to the horrible lines at immigration and take the ORY-JFK flight instead.
I don't want to be pessimistic but...here is what was posted yesterday by AF in their daily bulletin :
En raison de l'encombrement aux filtres de police de Paris CDG et Orly, les vols suivants ont été retardés de plus de 01h30 :
-- AF694/07jul CDG 11h50 MSP 20h50. Retardé de 01h38
-- AF842/07jul ORY 11h30 FDF 20h05. Retardé de 01h53
-- AF032/07jul ORY 12h20 JFK 20h30. Retardé de 01h34
-- AF766/07jul ORY 13h20 PTP 21h55. Retardé de 01h49
And those are only the flights delayed by more than 90 min.
The summer will be hot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.