Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
I arrived in CDG 2E this morning from SIN on AF: waited 2 minutes at the regular immigration ; would have to wait 10 in the Accès n°1 lane, which is a nonsense.

Bag was first on the belt.

30 minutes from aircraft door (most remote M gate) to taxi, not bad.
super !
Old May 26, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
While departing to MRU Tuesday night, I spotted new PARAFES gates installed in the left side of immigration at T2E.
But there are too few of those to really be efficient. I hope it is not the target number that have been installed!
Old May 26, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
While departing to MRU Tuesday night, I spotted new PARAFES gates installed in the left side of immigration at T2E.
Interesting. There was nothing when I left from 2E last Friday. You wonder why they do this on departure now while they have removed the old PARAFE gates on arrival 2 or 3 months ago and still not installed any new gates

But there are too few of those to really be efficient. I hope it is not the target number that have been installed!
With ADP, you know as well as me that we can always fear the worst...
Old May 27, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
This Saturday afternoon, the path from 2E-L -> 2F was a breeze. CDG can be amazing if you have the chance to travel outside of the rush hours.

Goldorak, maybe there's a way to find the "patterns" and establish a list of times and locations to avoid, for example, the arrival at 2E between 7am and 9am etc.

Could be useful for people with flexibility?
Old May 27, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mirk
This Saturday afternoon, the path from 2E-L -> 2F was a breeze. CDG can be amazing if you have the chance to travel outside of the rush hours.

Goldorak, maybe there's a way to find the "patterns" and establish a list of times and locations to avoid, for example, the arrival at 2E between 7am and 9am etc.

Could be useful for people with flexibility?
what is to avoid for sure is the main immigration point in 2E :
- on departure : between 8 am and 11:30 am
- on arrival : between 6 am and 12
But I am not sure there's a way to avoid this...
Old May 31, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Interesting. There was nothing when I left from 2E last Friday. You wonder why they do this on departure now while they have removed the old PARAFE gates on arrival 2 or 3 months ago and still not installed any new gates
Indeed. Very strange and deeply inefficient. You need 15+ machines to have a real efficiency gap, like what has been installed in AMS.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Indeed. Very strange and deeply inefficient. You need 15+ machines to have a real efficiency gap, like what has been installed in AMS.
True but I don't think AMS is the good benchmark, reading the thread in the KL forum. It seems those gates are out of order very often.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Many
Arriving in 2A last Thursday around 19:30: zero queue at the immigration.

Leaving from 2E last Saturday around 20:00: 5 minutes waiting.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
They have a different system in Hong Kong but with a half dozen gates open there is little queue (no more than 5 min wait at rush hour).
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Many
Same in SIN.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:52 pm

Oh dear this has me nervous. Have a flight on AF metal (delta codeshare)from LHR-CDG-IAD later this month arriving CDG at 12:05p and next flight departs 1:25p. Will this be enough time? Non-EU passport. Flying in J if that matters at all.

Apologies if I missed this farther upthread or elsewhere.

many thanks

Last edited by junebug3; Jun 27, 2017 at 7:41 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by junebug3
Oh dear this has me nervous. Have a flight on AF metal (delta codeshare)from LHR-CDG-IAD later this month arriving CDG at 12:05p and next flight departs 1:25p. Will this be enough time? US passport. Flying in J if that matters at all.

many thanks
Yes you should be fine, simple 2E-2E transfer, passports are irrelevant since there will be no immigration.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by junebug3
Oh dear this has me nervous. Have a flight on AF metal (delta codeshare)from LHR-CDG-IAD later this month arriving CDG at 12:05p and next flight departs 1:25p. Will this be enough time? US passport. Flying in J if that matters at all.

many thanks
you just have to go through security in this case.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Update on automated gates in 2E
- departure level : I noticed this week that the new gates are in operation (I did not use them as I noticed them too late, was already engaged in the SkyP lane). They are located on the left side of the police booths (so opposite side as the PARAFES gates), which is inconvenient as the SkyP access is on the right side. So I believe it means that you need to use the "regular entrance" of the immigration lanes and I am afraid it means also passing through the very unpleasant persons who check with scrutiny the weight and size of your carryons. The PARAFES gates are not usable any more
- arrivals : still nothing.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes you should be fine, simple 2E-2E transfer, passports are irrelevant since there will be no immigration.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
you just have to go through security in this case.
Thank you both so much. Wasn't sure if I needed to clear immigration to transfer, never flown through CDG before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.