Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citijet operating DUS flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Citijet operating DUS flights?

AF website says that DUS flights in April are operated by Cityjet from 2G with an Avro.

Anyone heard of that?

On another forum, it is said that AF says on the phone that DUS flights operate from 2F in April....
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Indeed, expertflyer shows the same.

That's ugly... makes any trip to that horrible city even worse.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Indeed, expertflyer shows the same.
Why would AF say on the phone that this is mot the case then ?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I can unfortunately confirm this bad news
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Why would AF say on the phone that this is mot the case then ?
Wouldn't be the first time that what they have on their systems is outdated, that they don't know where to look, that they typed in the wrong date - whatever. AF is one of those airlines where in the case of discrepancy between the GDS information and what they say I lend more credence to the GDS. I then insist, and after some closer looking the AF people then usually also find what the GDS says.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I can unfortunately confirm this bad news
You are correct.

Elite line confirms the info!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As we say in French : c'est la double peine :
- 2G departure/arrival without forgetting its superb premium lounge (equivalent of a death penalty)
- WX Avro with its cramped 3x3 seating, noisy, lack of outside view and extra-limited overhead bins at the wing

Big mistake IMO for a primary business German destination.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:15 am

- 2G departure/arrival without forgetting its superb premium lounge (equivalent of a death penalty)
- WX Avro with its cramped 3x3 seating, noisy, lack of outside view and extra-limited overhead bins at the wing

Maybe this is a "primary business" destination, but in the eyes of AF their competition has become less primary.

Until recently they competed against Lufthansa and for some time also against Air Berlin. Now they compete against Germanwings. So AF must believe that with 4U being an LCC they can themselves downgrade the service to an ARJ and the 2G extradition compound.

And don't forget that some people actually believe that the ARJ is a great plane to fly on and that service on WX is fantastic. Personally I don't share that view (and I am happy that they have disappeared from the ZRH route, another "primary destination" which saw the 2G/ARJs combo for years)
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat

I couldn't agree more, this decision makes zero sense to me. I'm on DUS-CDG 10-12 times per year. Most of the time, the flights were very busy, more than half of the PAX seemed to be connecting from 2F or 2E and another big chunk of people were on a business day trip. None of those PAX will like the move.
AF seems to have a strategy of dropping DUS: Not too long ago, I used to step on direct connections to LYS, TLS and MRS. All this is history. Even the DUS-LYS operated by HOP is no longer on the flight plan.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
As a side note about the importance of DUS as business center, CX has just announced that it will start a 4-class 77W service HKG-DUS in September:
http://airlineroute.net/2015/02/03/cx-dus-sep15/

EK is already flying there (77W with F) and will soon use an A380. EY is using a 787.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Part of the rationale for this decision is also surely the competition from Thalys for point-to-point Paris-Dsseldorf which has likely reduced the loads.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Maybe this is a "primary business" destination, but in the eyes of AF their competition has become less primary.

Until recently they competed against Lufthansa and for some time also against Air Berlin. Now they compete against Germanwings. So AF must believe that with 4U being an LCC they can themselves downgrade the service to an ARJ and the 2G extradition compound.

And don't forget that some people actually believe that the ARJ is a great plane to fly on and that service on WX is fantastic. Personally I don't share that view (and I am happy that they have disappeared from the ZRH route, another "primary destination" which saw the 2G/ARJs combo for years)
Besides PtP pax, do not forget that there are a significant number of transferring longhaul pax. Also 4U offers god value with comfortable seats on their A319.

This is a bit of a vicious/virtuous circle.
AF believes that competition is getting poorer in a contracting market. AF will offer an inferior product with a cramped Avro, departing from awful 2G and feel vindicated when they find out that their yields are dropping.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver

Until a few months ago Citijet ran the EDI - CDG route with ARJs. Now it is Embraer 190s (170?) operated by Regional. These planes are a big improvement, so I guess one person's misfortune is another's good fortune.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ardecos
Until a few months ago Citijet ran the EDI - CDG route with ARJs. Now it is Embraer 190s (170?) operated by Regional. These planes are a big improvement, so I guess one person's misfortune is another's good fortune.
For sure. In the good fortune category, we can cite BES ex-CDG which has moved from 2G to 2F (A318 now). In the "middle fortune", there is FRA served by an E190 (?) but still from 2F
For EDI, I agree : it is a big improvement after more than 15 years of BAe146/AvroRJ85 of BE and afterwards WX on this line.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Are we sure about 2G? By now, I have 3 DUS-CDG bookings from April onwards. They all say Citiyet/Avro, but they also say 2F and not 2G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.