FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

AlicorporateUK May 31, 2015 4:34 am

Nice one - thanks, Goldorak.

G

Goldorak May 31, 2015 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Andy49 (Post 24895019)
A great lounge report Goldorak but what about the beers, surely not just one choice f white and red Turkish wine, spirits. It does look like a very nice lounge but I wont be visiting anytime soon.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 24895221)
Nice one - thanks, Goldorak.

Thank you guys :)
For the beers, sorry I can't answer your question as I don't drink beer (I don't like this). I am a Champagne and wine person :D

Goldorak May 31, 2015 11:59 pm

Buying lounge access now possible on kiosks in selected airports

From AF travel agent portal (France) :

Après une phase expérimentale menée avec succès, depuis le mercredi 27 mai 2015, la vente Accès Salon payant du T2E est disponible sur toutes les Bornes libre-service AF de CDG.

La nouvelle fonctionnalité des Bornes libre-service sera ensuite étendue aux accès salon du T2F et du hall 3 d'Orly à compter du 23 juin 2015.

Eligibilité et Périmètre

- Vol Long Courrier opéré par AF au départ de CDG
- Salons : EK, EL et EM
- Clients munis d'un billet AF
- Clients Flying Blue Silver*, Ivory* et/ou voyageant en cabine Premium Economy

* l'ensemble des membres du PNR peut profiter de l'offre payante sous réserve de disponibilités
Translation :
since 27th may 2015, it is now possible to buy lounge access from AF automated check-in kiosks in CDG 2E. This possibility will be available also for CDG2F and ORY W Hall 3 from 23rd june 2015.
Conditions (as of today, because will change in june with 2F and ORY):
- long haul flight AF-operated from CDG
- concerned lounges : T2E (K, L and M concourses)
- customers having an AF-coded ticket
- customers FB silver*, Ivory* and/or traveling in Premium Economy

* : all pax on the same PNR can benefit of the paid access, pending availability of sufficient seats in the lounge.

I'm confused about the Ivory access : did I miss something ? I thought Ivory members were not eligible in CDG ? The rules are changing so often that I'm loosing track !

carnarvon Jun 1, 2015 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 24899215)
(...) I'm confused about the Ivory access : did I miss something ? I thought Ivory members were not eligible in CDG ? The rules are changing so often that I'm loosing track !

It appears that the rules changed. See my post explaining things at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-thread-6.html

olivedel Jun 8, 2015 4:47 am

BOD lounge reopens Friday

Apparently, as stated on agentconnect.biz, the BOD lounge reopens Friday afternoon after several weeks of refurbishment : https://www.agentconnect.biz/FR/fr/l.../Salon_BOD.pdf

shuigao Jun 8, 2015 10:30 am

Just to share, I had a 2 hour layover on a weekday morning in one of the 2F lounges and couldn't get a slot for a shower (had a dozen names ahead of me in the waitlist).

Goldorak Jun 8, 2015 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 24935780)
Apparently, as stated on agentconnect.biz, the BOD lounge reopens Friday afternoon after several weeks of refurbishment : https://www.agentconnect.biz/FR/fr/l.../Salon_BOD.pdf

Thanks for the info my friend :)
I have updated the wiki

Bmoorhouse Jun 10, 2015 8:32 am

This weekend, I am flying through CDG with a five hour layover on a trip from Africa to Germany. In the past, I was able to use the nice lounge in the international terminal (not sure which that is). I was just told by a colleague, however, that the CDG-DUS flight has been moved to a different terminal in which Air France has only a tiny lounge with very little service provided and that passengers are immediately shuttled to that terminal with no opportunity to access the larger lounge.

Is that true? I am hoping there is a way to get to the nicer terminal for the five hour layover after deplaning.

Edit... I just confirmed that I fly into Terminal 2G from Africa and depart Terminal 2E for DUS.

Goldorak Jun 10, 2015 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Bmoorhouse (Post 24948122)
Edit... I just confirmed that I fly into Terminal 2G from Africa and depart Terminal 2E for DUS.

it is rather the opposite : you will arrive from Africa in 2E and will go to 2G for the DUS flight.

Originally Posted by Bmoorhouse (Post 24948122)
This weekend, I am flying through CDG with a five hour layover on a trip from Africa to Germany. In the past, I was able to use the nice lounge in the international terminal (not sure which that is). I was just told by a colleague, however, that the CDG-DUS flight has been moved to a different terminal in which Air France has only a tiny lounge with very little service provided and that passengers are immediately shuttled to that terminal with no opportunity to access the larger lounge.

Is that true? I am hoping there is a way to get to the nicer terminal for the five hour layover after deplaning.

Unfortunately, it is true. DUS flights have been moved to 2G where there is nothing but a small cabinet called a "lounge". Avoid it or after 5 hrs in, you'll be a good candidate for the hospital :D
The only alternative I see for you is to go to the arrival lounge in 2C to have shower and breakfast and then to reach 2G after. The arrival lounge is certainly not a place I would spend 5hrs but much better than 2G.

Bmoorhouse Jun 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Thank you for the information, and I am sorry I mixed up the gates.

Is there anyway for me to remain in 2E after deplaning upon arrival from Africa, or will Air France really coral us towards 2G that quickly?

olivedel Jun 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bmoorhouse (Post 24950289)
Is there anyway for me to remain in 2E after deplaning upon arrival from Africa, or will Air France really coral us towards 2G that quickly?

Unfortunately, departures and arrivals are thoroughly separated in T2E, so you won't be able to access any of the 2E peers if your connection departs from 2G.
You can access the arrivals lounge (if you fly in Business Class or if Flying Blue Gold or Platinum) located in the terminal 2C if you don't mind to go landside.

Goldorak Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bmoorhouse (Post 24950289)

you can't stay in 2E. The only alternative if you don't want to go to 2G immediately is to go landside, as if you were ending your trip in Paris, and do whatever you want (including the arrival lounge in 2C).

Bmoorhouse Jun 12, 2015 7:47 am

Thanks for the info, everyone.

ajs123 Jun 16, 2015 10:55 am

A detailed description of the BOD lounge has been posted here
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...in-bordeaux-1/

THE NEW AIR FRANCE LOUNGE IN BORDEAUX IN A NUTSHELL:
- A larger and more comfortable lounge (180 sq. m. compared with 126 previously);
- 60 seats available;
- A personalized welcome by Air France agents, to assist each customer within the framework of his/her trip;
- A relaxation and work area and a large convivial guest table;
- A completely new catering offer, including a selection of Bordeaux wines available late afternoon
- Free Wi-Fi;
- A wide choice of regional, national and international press, as well as many available for download from the Air France Press App on smartphone and tablet;
- An ideal location in hall B, near the boarding gates;
- High-end furnishings and contemporary decor with furniture exclusively created for Air France, an architectural concept designed by Brandimage, a design and branding consulting agency;
- Access reserved for HOP! Air France SkyTeam Elite Plus (Flying Blue Platinum, Flying Blue Gold) customers and La Première and Business customers with a connection at Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
the catering seems to be slightly upgraded:

The catering offer has also been redesigned and is adapted to the time of day, with biscuits in the morning, mini-sandwiches and savoury canapés at mealtimes and cakes and sweet biscuits at tea time. Throughout the day, hot and cold drinks are also available. Bordeaux wines are also available late afternoon. Renewed regularly over the months and seasons, customers can discover different regional wines, in cooperation with the Interprofessional Council of Bordeaux wines
Are there no AF flights in the evening? No food and wine description for late departures...

HasteFlier Jun 17, 2015 1:05 am

Quick question on the CDG lounges (I didnt find it in the thread or elsewhere, but sorry if it's somewhere else and I missed it !)

I've seen that, in some cases, it's possible to get from one concourse of the 2E terminal to another (for example from L to M with the bus, and then back with the same bus - not sure if it's possible to get out at another terminal).
Has anyone tried to do this in order to get to a "better" AF lounge ? For example, for going to the M lounge instead of the vastly inferior L lounge ?

olivedel Jun 17, 2015 2:47 am

Originally Posted by HasteFlier (Post 24982816)
For example, for going to the M lounge instead of the vastly inferior L lounge ?

It never hurts to ask a transfer desk, but personally, I would not endure the hassle of a double security check just for hot food.

HasteFlier Jun 17, 2015 3:58 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 24983062)
It never hurts to ask a transfer desk, but personally, I would not endure the hassle of a double security check just for hot food.

True!
My impression was, though, that the bus line that tours the non-schengen terminals does not require one to go through security again - so that specific point wouldn't be an issue.

Goldorak Jun 17, 2015 5:53 am

Originally Posted by HasteFlier (Post 24982816)
Quick question on the CDG lounges (I didnt find it in the thread or elsewhere, but sorry if it's somewhere else and I missed it !)

I've seen that, in some cases, it's possible to get from one concourse of the 2E terminal to another (for example from L to M with the bus, and then back with the same bus - not sure if it's possible to get out at another terminal).
Has anyone tried to do this in order to get to a "better" AF lounge ? For example, for going to the M lounge instead of the vastly inferior L lounge ?

No, it's not possible to go to a concourse where you're not departing from. This was allowed exceptionally last year when K lounge was closed for renovation.

bodory Jun 18, 2015 10:29 am

I am sitting in the new BOD lounge right now. Very nice. There is no more code to type to enter but a dragon is there. It still smells new furniture. Some AF staff has been sent from Paris to manage the opening.

ajs123 Jun 18, 2015 10:39 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 24991096)
Quote:

Originally Posted by olivedel

I am sitting in the new BOD lounge right now. Very nice. There is no more code to type to enter but a dragon is there. It still smells new furniture. Some AF staff has been sent from Paris to manage the opening.

How is the catering?

Goldorak Jun 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks. Can you share pictures of it ?

bodory Jun 19, 2015 1:26 am

Originally Posted by ajs123 (Post 24991158)
How is the catering?

Improved compared to the previous Patio :
- food : to the usual biscuits and crackers have been added small sandwiches
- drinks : there is a sort of "self service wine bar" but do not expect todrink Grand Crus

The atmosphere is really nice IMO : great furniture, colors, fabrics.

bodory Jun 19, 2015 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 24992219)

Unfortunately no :(

The fact that the lounge was quite crowded (Thursday evening, during Vinexpo) did not encourage to take pictures.

I have a picture of the really nice tiling with AF logo on it though but the presence of my shoes on it makes me a bit reluctant to post it ;)

jms_uk Jun 19, 2015 2:34 am

Is it possible to get from 2E to T1 airside? Any recent experiences [using Shuttle]?

Reason I am asking is that I've dropped from FB G to FB S, so don't have lounge access anymore.

However, I do have Lounge Club membership and they have a lounge at CDG T1, but I am flying back to LHR from 2E. On the outbound, they have lounge at LHR T4, which makes it easy.

This is what Lounge Club app says about it:

http://i.imgur.com/NMVBU3B.png

olivedel Jun 19, 2015 7:16 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 24994617)
Is it possible to get from 2E to T1 airside? Any recent experiences [using Shuttle]?

Absolutely impossible if you do not hold a boarding pass for a flight departing in T1.

jms_uk Jun 19, 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 24995370)
Absolutely impossible if you do not hold a boarding pass for a flight departing in T1.

That's what I thought as well, but was somewhat confused with the text from the lounge Club...

Goldorak Jun 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 24995634)
That's what I thought as well, but was somewhat confused with the text from the lounge Club...

I confirm Olivedel's assessment: not possible.

joyu12 Jun 20, 2015 11:42 am

Any one know how the lounge offering in TLS is? I see it's an airport lounge but is it any good (for a domestic lounge)?

Goldorak Jun 21, 2015 2:34 am

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 25001017)
Any one know how the lounge offering in TLS is? I see it's an airport lounge but is it any good (for a domestic lounge)?

It's certainly nothing to write home about, but it's a quite pleasant place. It's clearly designed as a medium-haul flights lounge, so minimal food offering but decent selection of drinks. I would not pay for a specific access to this lounge, but if you have free access to it thanks to your class of travel or your FFP status, give it a try.

HasteFlier Jun 21, 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 25003295)
It's certainly nothing to write home about, but it's a quite pleasant place. It's clearly designed as a medium-haul flights lounge, so minimal food offering but decent selection of drinks. I would not pay for a specific access to this lounge, but if you have free access to it thanks to your class of travel or your FFP status, give it a try.

Agree. If my memory is correct, there is a rather decent Muscat, and some nice snacks, such as mini-saucisson, small vache qui rit flavored cubes and so. There's a nice, cozy seating area on the second floor as well.

Goldorak Jun 24, 2015 1:49 pm

TLV - Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (term 3) - DAN lounge

Name of the lounge : TLV - Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (T3) - DAN lounge

Location : there are 3 DAN lounges in T3 : concourses B, C, D. AF is departing from concourse B (at least for my flight) but the B-lounge was closed. I don't know if it's closed at that time of the day or a temporary/permanent closure. Too bad, as the B lounge was just in front of AF gate. Pax are directed to the other DAN lounges. But I have the feeling they are all the same (crap ;))

Opening Hours : I believe it's 24/24 as there are flights all night

Entry requirements : usual rules. They made a photocopy of my BP and my FB card, despite the fact the number and status was well printed on the BP.

Food offer : limited to snacks, a few salads and hummous.

Drinks offer : quite limited : one white and one red Israeli wine, soft drinks, fruit juices, water (still only). No hard liquors.

Services
Wifi: yes, free (no password required). Specific lounge network, but TLV has free wifi in the entire facility.
Showers: no
Toilets: yes (inside the lounge)
Quiet zone: no
Loungers/sleep area: no
Business area: no
Spa: no
TV area: no
Passengers are called: yes, but mostly for last calls
Information screen: no (surprisingly)
Newspapers: no

Other information
Number of seats: about 100
Level of noise: quite high as the room is not so big
Design: as we would say in French : bof ! :D
View: nice view on the apron
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no
Direct boarding: no

Overall, a not-very-nice lounge

bodory Jul 7, 2015 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 24992219)

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 24994434)
Unfortunately no :(

Here are some pics (not by myself) : http://thedesignair.net/2015/07/07/a...e-in-bordeaux/

Carel1 Jul 7, 2015 7:06 am

New Lounge in WAW

The new AF/KLM lounge in Warsaw is called the Business Lounge and is situated near gate 32. Nice and modern lounge with a good offer of food and drinks. Yesterday afternoon it was very quiet, about 4 other visitors.

olivedel Jul 9, 2015 12:43 am

My recent experience at VIE confirms that:
- When ticketed on an AF-operating flight, you can access the airport-operated JET lounge
- When ticketed on an OS-operating flight, you can access the Austrian Business lounge

This has been confirmed to me by the check-in agent.
Wiki updated.

Nephilim199 Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Hello everybody,

I am flying from AGP to PPT next month. It will be on premium economy from CDG - LAX and LAX - PPT. However, I have a more than 10h stop-over at LAX. I read that Premium economy customers can access lounges by paying a fee. However, I did not see any lounge at LAX in AF website.
I am not leaving the airport as I've visited L.A twice and I don't want to be waiting for 10 hours.
Anybody could help me? Any lounge at the International Terminal you can access by paying a fee? I have some skymiles (around 15.000), but I don't think that'd help lol

Thanks

Goldorak Jul 24, 2015 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Nephilim199 (Post 25161803)
Hello everybody,

I am flying from AGP to PPT next month. It will be on premium economy from CDG - LAX and LAX - PPT. However, I have a more than 10h stop-over at LAX. I read that Premium economy customers can access lounges by paying a fee. However, I did not see any lounge at LAX in AF website.
I am not leaving the airport as I've visited L.A twice and I don't want to be waiting for 10 hours.
Anybody could help me? Any lounge at the International Terminal you can access by paying a fee? I have some skymiles (around 15.000), but I don't think that'd help lol

Thanks

I directed you to this thread in order for you to know which lounge you can access flying AF from LAX, but there was no need re-asking the same questions here. Multiple posting is not allowed on FT.

sfvoyage Jul 25, 2015 7:48 am

printer at CDG?

Is there a printer for customer use at the AF J lounge at CDG? If so, do they charge to print out one page? (Not sure exactly which lounge I'll be visiting, but I'll be on the CDG-JNB flight leaving at 23h30.)

tff Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage (Post 25170621)
Is there a printer for customer use at the AF J lounge at CDG? If so, do they charge to print out one page? (Not sure exactly which lounge I'll be visiting, but I'll be on the CDG-JNB flight leaving at 23h30.)

Yes there is. You should just ask the lounge agents and they'll print it for you.

sfvoyage Jul 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by tff (Post 25171826)
Yes there is. You should just ask the lounge agents and they'll print it for you.

Thanks. The document is in my email account. Can I just print it myself, or do I have to send the document somewhere?

tff Jul 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage (Post 25172249)
Thanks. The document is in my email account. Can I just print it myself, or do I have to send the document somewhere?

The couple of times in which I did I had to send it to an email address provided by the lounge agents and they printed it out for me.