FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak Oct 16, 2021 11:28 am

Originally Posted by SpinEcho (Post 33649675)
I'm flying MRS-ORY next Friday, does someone know if the lounge is opened?

MRS site says it is still closed :mad:

Tro78 Oct 16, 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33649168)
Good :tu:
But I suppose the food offering is still as miserable as it was before Covid (I think it's hard to do worse !) ?

Correct… A real pity…

New lounges are under construction at level 6 in the area of gates by 200-225. Hope there will be an AF lounge or Skyteam lounge.

Goldorak Oct 16, 2021 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Tro78 (Post 33649990)
New lounges are under construction at level 6 in the area of gates 200-225. Hope there will be an AF lounge of Skyteam lounge.

There was indeed a plan for an AF lounge at TBIT.

SkyteamEP Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Updated hours for the lounge in TLS.
Weekdays 5:15am to 8:00pm.
Closed on Saturday and Sunday https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...60acdd64d3.jpg

SpinEcho Oct 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33649984)

Yes but I find it hard to believe :confused:, therefore I am asking here for the latest news...

pascalgr Oct 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Bari Airport lounge is still closed and no voucher.
On top 30 minutes wait to check inn because of some passagers with problem. I was ready2fly as I submitted Covid paperwork because... but agents stil lrequested to see Vaccines certificates for the 4 of us. After in the queue of security , again a new check of the Covid paperwork... no comments!

Goldorak Oct 17, 2021 8:59 am

Originally Posted by SpinEcho (Post 33650170)
Yes but I find it hard to believe :confused:, therefore I am asking here for the latest news...

Last time I was there (march), there was some construction on-going where the lounge was. I wonder if this lounge still exists in fact. Please have a look and tell us.

Coder33 Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33649984)

Arghhh I'm supposed to fly from MRS on next Monday.. Wanted to work in the lounge, seems like I'll have to do it elsewhere

Slc2012 Oct 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33651831)
Last time I was there (march), there was some construction on-going where the lounge was. I wonder if this lounge still exists in fact. Please have a look and tell us.

Middle of September, it was still the case.

JMontpelier Oct 21, 2021 2:02 am

ORD lounge

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33639120)
I have updated the wiki for AF lounge in ORD T5 based on the info provided by Pat Plus.

I flew ORD-CDG on 18 October and can confirm that Air France is using the Swissport lounge, which is even less impressive than former AF lounge. It does have bathrooms, unlike AF, but is windowless and cramped and food/drink are pretty dismal.

jerry_greece Oct 22, 2021 1:20 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 33634574)
Does anybody know if BRU Diamond Lounge (Schengen) is accessible on KL/AF flights? Skyteam (and KLM) website suggest that it's only for UX (although they do mention the B-gates lounge)

Replying to myself to confirm that Diamond lounge is accessible for KL pax. departing BRU.

SpinEcho Oct 22, 2021 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33651831)

MRS lounge is still closed. It should reopen after construction works, but the agent could not tell me when that would happen.
I was offered 5000 miles as compensation, which is very cool.

flying_blue_white_red Oct 22, 2021 6:54 am

Originally Posted by SpinEcho (Post 33665053)
MRS lounge is still closed. It should reopen after construction works, but the agent could not tell me when that would happen.
I was offered 5000 miles as compensation, which is very cool.

According to the wiki, a lounge access in France outside Paris costs 6000 miles, so yes it's a good deal!

stimpy Oct 22, 2021 5:52 pm

As I was in the car approaching JFK T1, I could see people sitting in the AF lounge upstairs business-class-only section. So I got excited about having a nice hot meal and enjoying the upscale beverages.

Unfortunately when I arrived I found that although the upstairs is open again, the JFK lounge no longer has a business-class-only section. No hot meals. Just some pre-packaged sandwiches and not the usual level of drinks. On the plus side they do have Taittinger Cuvee Prestige Champagne. I've had worse sparking wine in airport lounges. Like here at the DL Skyclub in T4.

NickB Oct 23, 2021 12:58 am

Originally Posted by SpinEcho (Post 33665053)
MRS lounge is still closed. It should reopen after construction works

If the work inside is connected to the work outside, we are a very long way from being finished: there is massive ongoing work going ahead in the area where the old bus station used to be located, which corresponds broadly to the area of the terminal were the lounge was. I suspect that we are talking months. TBH, if they gave (give?) a voucher for a coffee/pastry or drink/snack instead, that would be not much worse than before as the old lounge was awful.