Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air France Long-Haul Business Class - Trip Reports & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
A new trip report:

June 13th, 2015
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...cdg-af259.html
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
AF new 772 business to YYZ?

anyone have any idea when the new business will come to YYZ??

I dont see it on any flight seat maps on website. And I dont understand the deployment schedule thread.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cotter77
anyone have any idea when the new business will come to YYZ??

I dont see it on any flight seat maps on website. And I dont understand the deployment schedule thread.
It's normally already deployed to YYZ, but not every day yet. I flew to YYZ last week but had NEV4 unfortunately. I was booked on the sane route in December (but had to cancel this trip) and it was BEST.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's normally already deployed to YYZ, but not every day yet. I flew to YYZ last week but had NEV4 unfortunately. I was booked on the sane route in December (but had to cancel this trip) and it was BEST.
Thanks, thats encouraging...do you have a good way to search or track this? I am looking in sept/oct...google flights is useful, but on this detail really slow and i question accuracy (it shows angled flat every day universally), have to look day by day. delta website no good and AF website the slowest.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I think the DL website is ok for this. If you see a 1-2-1 J seating arrangement, then it's BEST. I flew this route just after Christmas and had the new J seating. It was great! I'm looking to repeat in early June but am now seeing only NEV4 seating. But, as always, subject to change.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:10 pm

Does anyone know if AF is operating the new J seats to SGN on the 772 or it's the old cradle angle flats?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by itihm
Does anyone know if AF is operating the new J seats to SGN on the 772 or it's the old cradle angle flats?
No. The NEV4 seat to SGN.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Another trip report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...777-200er.html
Old May 9, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Can the single seats in BEST J be booked n any Business booking class?

I've spent over an hour on a search for the answer to my question, based simply on my ageing memory which thinks it read somewhere on the forum that the single A and L seats on planes with the BEST Business seats are only available to full-fare tickets and not those in the D, Z and I (if that still exists) buckets.

Can someone confirm that any Business Class fare will open up these seats for selection on booking? Or, indeed, that I'm not completely senile and that it is true that I have read that they are not available except to full-fare Business tickets?

Many thanks.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by rangerss75
I've spent over an hour on a search for the answer to my question, based simply on my ageing memory which thinks it read somewhere on the forum that the single A and L seats on planes with the BEST Business seats are only available to full-fare tickets and not those in the D, Z and I (if that still exists) buckets.

Can someone confirm that any Business Class fare will open up these seats for selection on booking? Or, indeed, that I'm not completely senile and that it is true that I have read that they are not available except to full-fare Business tickets?

Many thanks.
Granted, I booked through Delta, but...

Snagged some Z fares a few months back and had no issues selecting two L seats. Those still show assigned on airfrance.us, and the departure is tomorrow afternoon.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rangerss75

Many thanks.
you're not crazy , it was the case indeed, but I think it's not valid anymore now.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
PPT Tahiti

I have an upcoming lfight with AF in J for late November from LAX to PPT.

Does this route 777 have the new latest AF Business CLass Product?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have an upcoming lfight with AF in J for late November from LAX to PPT.

Does this route 777 have the new latest AF Business CLass Product?
normally, yes. But check the wiki here and look particularly to post #1037 .
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Looks like we may be flying with Air France next October ATL-CDG in business class. Please note this would be our first time with AF. However, when I pull up the seat charts for this flight (AF 681 operated with a B777-300), it appears to indicate the old 2-3-2 seating configuration in business with non lie-flat seats. Curious if this might change to the new biz class config by this time just under a year from now and also if there is a time line is for the 777/77W aircraft being reconfigured with the new J on such routes as ATL-CDG.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jlemon
Looks like we may be flying with Air France next October ATL-CDG in business class. Please note this would be our first time with AF. However, when I pull up the seat charts for this flight (AF 681 operated with a B777-300), it appears to indicate the old 2-3-2 seating configuration in business with non lie-flat seats. Curious if this might change to the new biz class config by this time just under a year from now and also if there is a time line is for the 777/77W aircraft being reconfigured with the new J on such routes as ATL-CDG.
It's impossible to predict what will be used on a specific route in a year from now.
You will find more info on the retrofit plan in this sticky thread
updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.