Wiki Posts
Search

Air France CDG-ATL 747-400 Delta Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Air France CDG-ATL 747-400 Delta Codeshare

In August, I am due to fly on a Delta Codeshare Flight from CDG-ATL on a 747-400 operated by Air France. I will be in Business Class (the front of the plane) with a seating arrangement of 2-0-2 in Business because there is, I presume, a wide open space in the front section of the 747 either for a pilot rest space or some other type of area used for some specific purpose according to the seat configuration chart on Delta.

The plane is a 747-400 and the flight is 9 hours and 30 minutes long.

Has anyone flown this flight in Business Class? Do you remember what the seats are like? Do they lay flat? This is a day time flight but it still is a long one and a person may want to lay back and sleep.

How are the meal services? During a 9.5 hour flight I suspect we will be served dinner and a snack or two. Do the seats have built in video screens for individual viewing?

This is my first time flying Air France. I am actually connecting in CDG from an Air France flight (also in Business) from VCE.

The people at Air France told me that my Business ticket gains me access to the Air France lounge both in Venice (Star Alliance) and in CDG (Air France Business Class lounge) prior to the flight.

Any info on the flight or the plane from CDG-ATL would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The J cabin is in 2 parts : in the nose with indeed a 2-0-2 seating and just after the nose (a galley in between) with a 2-2-2 seating arrangement. The nose is clearly the best place to be. It used to be the P class cabin before. The empty space in the middle is a storage place for newspaper and magazine. I recommend you especially rows 2 or 3.
AF 744 have been refurbished completely recently. Before, in the nose from cabin, there used to be an additional single seat in row 4 facing the magazine storage table, but this seat was removed with the refurbishment.

The version of J seat in the 744 is referred to NEV4 on this forum. It is a full flat seat but slightly angled. You may look in this forum and find several threads about it. Some dislike it, some like it. Personally I sleep very well in them

video : yes, of course. All AF long-haul planes have IFE in all classes. And the 744 has the last version of the IFE (the same as in the A380), which is quite nice and with a large selection.

Meal : you will have 2 meals served and an aperitif service after take-off (+ pre-take off champagne). Between meals a bar and snacks are available in the galley but they use also to serve ice cream in the cabin (not systematic).

Lounge : yes, you will have access in both VCE and CDG. In VCE, it is not a star alliance lounge but the AZ (Alitalia) one. I like the interior but food and drink offering is minimal (like in any Delta SkyClub lounge). In CDG, it will be the AF lounge of the concourse of term 2E you will depart from (K, L or M).

From VCE you will arrive in terminal 2F and you will have to go to terminal 2E for your flight to ATL. As said above, there are 3 concourses in term 2E (gates K, L or M), so check carefully the gate on your BP and follow the signs for those gates. I recommend you also to check your gate on the screens when you disembark from VCE (in case of a gate change).This is an easy connection (you will pass immigration in CDG but no security as this will have been done in VCE).

Enjoy your flights :-)

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 30, 2014 at 1:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.