Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to order special meals on AF intra-Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

How to order special meals on AF intra-Europe?

I have two reservations, award tickets booked by Delta. I cannot find on the AF reservation details page where to order special meals. It appears it may be where you select your seats, but that pop-up only lets you select seats, not meals. Any ideas?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It may be simply because there is no meal served outside "sucré/salé". It would help if you tell us :
- which route
- approx time of departure
- which class you are flying (C, PE or Y)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:24 am
Original Poster

OTP-CDG 7:15 am departure, C class
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
There should be special meals available, why not give AF a ring?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
There should be special meals available, why not give AF a ring?
Definitely
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

It is too late now, less than 48 hours until departure, but thanks for the replies.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by michael_v
It is too late now, less than 48 hours until departure, but thanks for the replies.
Special meals are available on flights operated by Air France for which the flight time is over 2½ hours ( OTP-CDG : 2h10)
As a general rule, the reservation deadline is H-24.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does anyone know if there is a link online for requesting a child's meal on AF BA? I didn't see an option for this when I booked our flights some months ago. And don't see it now when I enter our confirmation number, etc. I can call, yes, but I'd like to be able to do it online if possible.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does anyone know if there is a link online for requesting a child's meal on AF BA? I didn't see an option for this when I booked our flights some months ago. And don't see it now when I enter our confirmation number, etc. I can call, yes, but I'd like to be able to do it online if possible.
What's AF BA? And what flight/class are you looking to order a special meal on? Normally, if you go to the AF manage my booking page special meal options are at the same place as seat selection options.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
What's AF BA? And what flight/class are you looking to order a special meal on? Normally, if you go to the AF manage my booking page special meal options are at the same place as seat selection options.
AF BA = Air France Business Affaires. I'll go back to the seat selection page to see if I can find it. Thanks.

update: still can't find it. I'll just call.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AF BA = Air France Business Affaires.
LOL it's either a tautology or an antithesis.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:56 pm

Update. I was at CDG anyway so asked at the AF counter if I could request a kids meal for my 5 year old. The response was "c'est automatique". But I pressed for confirmation. She looked up my booking # and said that it was already in place. I didn't have the presence of mind to make sure my 11 year old wouldn't be served the kid meal. He is very happy with "adult" food.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:50 am

Another update: uh, yeah, AF had children's meals for both my 5 year old and ME. Why on earth would they do that?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:40 am

Another update: uh, yeah, AF had children's meals for both my 5 year old and ME. Why on earth would they do that?
They wanted to offer you the elixir of youth? Seriously, it is ridiculous, I hope they had enough of the normal meals for you to get too!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:11 am

They wanted to offer you the elixir of youth? Seriously, it is ridiculous, I hope they had enough of the normal meals for you to get too!
The flight attendant was able to find a child (whose meal was not automatically a child meal) who was willing to trade. We also waited at the gate 45 minutes bc there were no meals for the crew. At least everyone got to eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.