FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   How to order special meals on AF intra-Europe? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1570513-how-order-special-meals-af-intra-europe.html)

michael_v Apr 20, 2014 12:13 am

How to order special meals on AF intra-Europe?

I have two reservations, award tickets booked by Delta. I cannot find on the AF reservation details page where to order special meals. It appears it may be where you select your seats, but that pop-up only lets you select seats, not meals. Any ideas?

Goldorak Apr 20, 2014 1:20 am

It may be simply because there is no meal served outside "sucré/salé". It would help if you tell us :
- which route
- approx time of departure
- which class you are flying (C, PE or Y)

michael_v Apr 20, 2014 1:24 am

OTP-CDG 7:15 am departure, C class

orbitmic Apr 20, 2014 12:11 pm

There should be special meals available, why not give AF a ring?

Goldorak Apr 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 22732822)
There should be special meals available, why not give AF a ring?

Definitely

michael_v Apr 20, 2014 11:19 pm

It is too late now, less than 48 hours until departure, but thanks for the replies.

delanotre Apr 21, 2014 2:09 am

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 22734784)
It is too late now, less than 48 hours until departure, but thanks for the replies.

Special meals are available on flights operated by Air France for which the flight time is over 2½ hours ( OTP-CDG : 2h10)
As a general rule, the reservation deadline is H-24.

Stgermainparis Jun 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Does anyone know if there is a link online for requesting a child's meal on AF BA? I didn't see an option for this when I booked our flights some months ago. And don't see it now when I enter our confirmation number, etc. I can call, yes, but I'd like to be able to do it online if possible.

orbitmic Jun 30, 2014 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 23117250)
Does anyone know if there is a link online for requesting a child's meal on AF BA? I didn't see an option for this when I booked our flights some months ago. And don't see it now when I enter our confirmation number, etc. I can call, yes, but I'd like to be able to do it online if possible.

What's AF BA? :confused: And what flight/class are you looking to order a special meal on? Normally, if you go to the AF manage my booking page special meal options are at the same place as seat selection options.

Stgermainparis Jun 30, 2014 10:07 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 23118144)
What's AF BA? :confused: And what flight/class are you looking to order a special meal on? Normally, if you go to the AF manage my booking page special meal options are at the same place as seat selection options.

AF BA = Air France Business Affaires. I'll go back to the seat selection page to see if I can find it. Thanks.

update: still can't find it. I'll just call.

KLflyerRalph Jun 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 23119893)
AF BA = Air France Business Affaires.

LOL it's either a tautology or an antithesis. :p

Stgermainparis Jul 5, 2014 4:56 pm

Update. I was at CDG anyway so asked at the AF counter if I could request a kids meal for my 5 year old. The response was "c'est automatique". But I pressed for confirmation. She looked up my booking # and said that it was already in place. I didn't have the presence of mind to make sure my 11 year old wouldn't be served the kid meal. He is very happy with "adult" food.

Stgermainparis Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am

Another update: uh, yeah, AF had children's meals for both my 5 year old and ME. Why on earth would they do that?

orbitmic Jul 11, 2014 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 23181037)
Another update: uh, yeah, AF had children's meals for both my 5 year old and ME. Why on earth would they do that?

They wanted to offer you the elixir of youth? ;) Seriously, it is ridiculous, I hope they had enough of the normal meals for you to get too!

Stgermainparis Jul 18, 2014 8:11 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 23181278)
They wanted to offer you the elixir of youth? ;) Seriously, it is ridiculous, I hope they had enough of the normal meals for you to get too!

The flight attendant was able to find a child (whose meal was not automatically a child meal) who was willing to trade. We also waited at the gate 45 minutes bc there were no meals for the crew. At least everyone got to eat.