Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry and AF

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Global Entry and AF

This might have been posted elsewhere but I was unable to find anything. I want to know if Global Entry works with Air France reservations. I could not find anywhere to put in the Trusted Traveler Number on the res. Tried reading on the USCIS site but it looks like you have to enter it for pre-check (and AF does not participate with this).

I also have a flight on SU soon and also don't see how it works. Oh, and this is an 057 ticket…it looks look DL permits you to enter your number when booking any reservation online.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AF does not offer pre check.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
AF does not offer pre check.
Actually, I am not concerned about the pre-check. I am more interested in the scanners to bypass immigration.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
AFAIK, there is no need to enter a redress number or whatsoever to be able to use Global Entry.
I have seen several US citizens using it after an Air France flight to ORD.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: DL PM, US CP, SPG Gold
Yes, you can use Global Entry after arriving in the US from an AF flight. It does not need to be indicated in the rez (which would be for pre-check purposes mostly).
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP is simply confused. With GE, he can access a GE kiosk on arrival in the US. No need to enter anything in his reservation. Entering a TTN such as GE PASSSID is solely to access pre-check, which isn't available for AF or SU.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
OP is simply confused. With GE, he can access a GE kiosk on arrival in the US. No need to enter anything in his reservation. Entering a TTN such as GE PASSSID is solely to access pre-check, which isn't available for AF or SU.
Correct…I was definitely confused. I looked all over on the government site about how it worked but they only talked about Pre-check which I don't care about. It looks like Global Entry comes from the passport info on the reservation. Thanks for all the help!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've used GE with other foreign carriers. There's no need to tell the airline your GE number. Apparently when the carrier sends the list of passengers to the USA with their passport numbers, the kiosks not only recognize the traveler as having GE but also know the airline and flight number. (The GE kiosk asks me if the airline and flight number is correct.)
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:54 pm

Wonder if GE will be available one day to French citizen ??
13 years ago, US customs gave me a port pass card and I cleared at a kiosk with my fingerprints and IIRC all visa exempty country were able to have this card.
It'll be great if they can use the same logic for GE (Dutch are allowed but no French, no Brits - except few BA gold, no Spanish etc etc)
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:16 am

Then France should offer a reciprocal way of expedited bordercrossing too.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Wonder if GE will be available one day to French citizen ??
13 years ago, US customs gave me a port pass card and I cleared at a kiosk with my fingerprints and IIRC all visa exempty country were able to have this card.
It'll be great if they can use the same logic for GE (Dutch are allowed but no French, no Brits - except few BA gold, no Spanish etc etc)
British and German citizens can now benefit from GE.
For British citizens, the huge number of potential applicants once the gate opened means that you should first get a "promotional code". This was directly available to Gold members of BA, VS and US airlines. It seems that GE is now opening the gate more widely as you can ask for a promotional code even if you are not Gold.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no reciprocal way in the UK.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by NickB
There is no reciprocal way in the UK.
There is a registred traveller scheme trial for US (and select other) citizens in the UK, however the current condition is you must have previously been enrolled in IRIS.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:17 pm

no reciprocal agreement with France when I had my US "port pass" card
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
British and German citizens can now benefit from GE.
For British citizens, the huge number of potential applicants once the gate opened means that you should first get a "promotional code". This was directly available to Gold members of BA, VS and US airlines. It seems that GE is now opening the gate more widely as you can ask for a promotional code even if you are not Gold.
Thank you Brunos
Is there a reciprocal agreement for US Citizen entering the UK or Germany ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.