Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG connection between terminals 2F and 2E in 1 hour?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by FloraTse
Hi,

I will be having a connecting flight from Prague (PRG) to CDG to Hong Kong (HKG).

Taking AF1583, arriving CDG at 10:20 pm at Terminal 2F
Taking AF188, departing CDG at 11:20pm at Terminal 2E to Hong Kong

Is the connection time being too tight?
Hi FloraTSe. Welcome to Flyertalk. We hope to hear more from you.

As has been said before in this thread. If your flight arrives on time you will make your connection, but don't stop to look at shops or something!

To help you. Tell the cabin crew you have a tight connection. And if you bump into a long line, tell the staff that you have a tight connection.

Have a nice trip!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:21 pm

Hi, first time posting here and I have a question as well

My connecting flight from is from Bucharest (OTP) to Houston (IAH), will a connecting time of 1:10 be enough?

AF 1089 arrives at 9:20 AM at Terminal 2E
AF 636 departs at 10:30 AM at Terminal 2F
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by felipe2k9

My connecting flight from is from Bucharest (OTP) to Houston (IAH), will a connecting time of 1:10 be enough?

You sent me a PM with the same question and I replied to you.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)

Never hurts to answer in order to inform other readers of this thread.

Welcome to FT! If your flight is on time you'll be perfectly fine! Delay up to 25 minutes still makes it feasible, but then you need to rush and inform the cabin crew.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Zembla
Never hurts to answer in order to inform other readers of this thread.

Welcome to FT! If your flight is on time you'll be perfectly fine! Delay up to 25 minutes still makes it feasible, but then you need to rush and inform the cabin crew.
Thank you for the reply! This flight will also be on a friday towards the end of summer, do you know if that will affect the time spent in security greatly?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you for the reply! This flight will also be on a friday towards the end of summer, do you know if that will affect the time spent in security greatly?
No. I mean it's unpredictable. Can be from empty to long line !
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Slightly OT, but replying to felipe2k9, I realized how confusing some info might be for pax non-familiar with CDG and specific details on some AF ops. This case is a good one. In OP's booking, the GDS is giving the info that IAH flight (AF636) departs from 2F. And we know this is wrong as this flight departs from 2E but it is one of the flight which has a check-in in 2F but departs from 2E. But the 2F info is relevant only for CDG-originating pax. Of course, for connecting pax, the screens will display the right gate (likely a L gate for those flights), but I think this can be very confusing for some people.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zembla
Hi FloraTSe. Welcome to Flyertalk. We hope to hear more from you.

As has been said before in this thread. If your flight arrives on time you will make your connection, but don't stop to look at shops or something!

To help you. Tell the cabin crew you have a tight connection. And if you bump into a long line, tell the staff that you have a tight connection.

Have a nice trip!
Thanks for the information. I hope the staff in CDG are helpful, as last time when I was in Frankfurt, 1hr20min transit, long line in security and passport control, either no staff present, or the staff informed me to keep waiting in the long queue as I'm not first class pax, so nothing can be done.
Luckily, the connection flight wait for me (as I'm the last one), once I board, they immediately close the gate.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Similar question, I have 1 hour 15 minutes.

LAX-CDG arriving 11:20 AM on a Sunday (A380 in biz)
CDG-AMS departing 12:35 PM same day

Luckily, there are more CDG-AMS flights later in the day. Is making this likely or only 50/50. True also for my bags?

Thanks in advance!

ETA - My question is answered in another thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-2f-2e-2f.html

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 21, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:53 am

Hello.
I'm going to make a trip from lisboa to new york with a scale and CDG of only 1 hour. Some recent experience between terminal 2f and 2e to let me know. Do you think it's possible? is easy? The plane is the A388-800 know where it is most likely to leave, from Hall L or Hall M?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ze1981
Hello.
I'm going to make a trip from lisboa to new york with a scale and CDG of only 1 hour. Some recent experience between terminal 2f and 2e to let me know. Do you think it's possible? is easy? The plane is the A388-800 know where it is most likely to leave, from Hall L or Hall M?
feasible but tight of course. L or M ? Impossible to know unless your flight departs in the evening and, in this case, it will be L.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
feasible but tight of course. L or M ? Impossible to know unless your flight departs in the evening and, in this case, it will be L.
And L or M will technically only add a few minutes to the required transit time, it really doesn't make much difference.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The departs at 16:40 in a Saturday...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:17 pm

Good evening to all. I’m new here and I really need your help.

I’m flying on Christmas Day from Lisbon to Newcastle and I have a connection flight in Paris - CDG. According to my flight plan, I’ll arrive at Paris at 7:45pm, if there’s no delays, and I’ll leave at 8:50pm which means I only have 1h05m to change from 2F to 2E. Will I make it? Will I need to rush? I can’t afford to miss the flight I’m flying with AirFrance on both flights. On top of that, I’m flying alone for the first time and I’m terrified.

Thank you so much for your help.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cate_PT
Good evening to all. I知 new here and I really need your help.

I知 flying on Christmas Day from Lisbon to Newcastle and I have a connection flight in Paris - CDG. According to my flight plan, I値l arrive at Paris at 7:45pm, if there痴 no delays, and I値l leave at 8:50pm which means I only have 1h05m to change from 2F to 2E. Will I make it? Will I need to rush? I can稚 afford to miss the flight I知 flying with AirFrance on both flights. On top of that, I知 flying alone for the first time and I知 terrified.

Thank you so much for your help.
Welcome to FT
Relax, no need to be terrified
Will you need to rush ? Well, may be not rush but certainly no time to loose. When you disembark, check the screens to confirm your gate. 2E is composed of 3 concourses : K, L and M. I believe NCL should leave from K or L. Follow the signs to the appropriate concourse. On your way, you値l have to clear immigration as you are leaving the Schengen area. At that time and on Christmas day, it shouldn稚 be crowded. It should take you around 10 min to reach K and 15 min if L if immigration is not crowded.
Last information, your LIS-CDG flight will be operated by the new airline called Joon that has taken over AF flights since yesterday on this route. But that doesn稚 change anything for your connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.