Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG connection between terminals 2F and 2E in 1 hour?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:12 am
Original Poster

CDG connection between terminals 2F and 2E in 1 hour?

Hi first post here.

Yes it's another CDG 2F to 2E connection question. I've read the previous posts regarding the connection but I heard there were / are some changes to the terminal and gate numbers so want to confirm what the latest info is.

Our flight lands at 10:20pm at 2F from Lisbon on AF1925 codeshare and leaves 2E at 11:20pm to Johannesburg on AF990 so (shengan to non-shengan). This allows for a 1 hour connection. I assume, at this time it's one of the last flights to leave CDG so hopefully the airport won't be too busy.

From what I've been able to find out there is a walkway from 2F to 2E Gates K which only takes 5 mins but it's land side so I'd have to clear passport & customs on exit of 2F and go through passport and security in 2E. Would this be a good strategy or should I just stay air-side and walk / get the shuttle? I don't know the gate numbers yet but from what I've read it can be a very long way if the gate is at the far end.

I found this nice site (http://www.easycdg.com/1/information...al-2f-vers-2e/) which implies it only takes 25-30mins but from comments here it sounds like it's tighter than that.

Is it likely that we may be met by AF staff to assist with the transfer. Our tickets were booked on the AF site.
Anyone know which gate (K, L or M) my flight to JHB is likely to leave from? Flight number AF990 on A380.
The AF site shows a shuttle (blue line) to make the transfer from 2F to 2E gates K. Is this the best way or should I walk?

I'm sorry for all the questions but it's very confusing and I want to be sure I transfer as fast as possible as I can't afford to miss the flight.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by travelbluez
Hi first post here.

Yes it's another CDG 2F to 2E connection question. I've read the previous posts regarding the connection but I heard there were / are some changes to the terminal and gate numbers so want to confirm what the latest info is.

Our flight lands at 10:20pm at 2F from Lisbon on AF1925 codeshare and leaves 2E at 11:20pm to Johannesburg on AF990 so (shengan to non-shengan). This allows for a 1 hour connection. I assume, at this time it's one of the last flights to leave CDG so hopefully the airport won't be too busy.

From what I've been able to find out there is a walkway from 2F to 2E Gates K which only takes 5 mins but it's land side so I'd have to clear passport & customs on exit of 2F and go through passport and security in 2E. Would this be a good strategy or should I just stay air-side and walk / get the shuttle? I don't know the gate numbers yet but from what I've read it can be a very long way if the gate is at the far end.

I found this nice site (http://www.easycdg.com/1/information...al-2f-vers-2e/) which implies it only takes 25-30mins but from comments here it sounds like it's tighter than that.

Is it likely that we may be met by AF staff to assist with the transfer. Our tickets were booked on the AF site.
Anyone know which gate (K, L or M) my flight to JHB is likely to leave from? Flight number AF990 on A380.
The AF site shows a shuttle (blue line) to make the transfer from 2F to 2E gates K. Is this the best way or should I walk?

I'm sorry for all the questions but it's very confusing and I want to be sure I transfer as fast as possible as I can't afford to miss the flight.

Thanks.
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk

Some info:
- your flight to JNB will not leave from the M gates, as the M gates are not used in the evening
- since you are flying on the A380, your flight will probably leave from the L gates
- there is now an airside walkway from 2F to the K gates and another one to the L gates in 2E
- walking is the best option from 2F to both the K and L gates
- you will not need to clear security (connecting from a Schengen airport)
- you will need to clear passport control once to leave the Schengen zone

From the moment you arrive in 2F, it should take no more than 30mn to reach your departures gate to the flight to JNB, probably less than that, actually.

Enjoy your flights
clubeurope likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replying. It's good to know that they now have air-side walkways. My mind has been put at ease. ^
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk

Some info:
- your flight to JNB will not leave from the M gates, as the M gates are not used in the evening
- since you are flying on the A380, your flight will probably leave from the L gates
- there is now an airside walkway from 2F to the K gates and another one to the L gates in 2E
- walking is the best option from 2F to both the K and L gates
- you will not need to clear security (connecting from a Schengen airport)
- you will need to clear passport control once to leave the Schengen zone

From the moment you arrive in 2F, it should take no more than 30mn to reach your departures gate to the flight to JNB, probably less than that, actually.

Enjoy your flights
Hi, I'm also new on here.

I am travelling JNB - CDG - ZRH and back this weekend.

I am a bit worried about the transfer times. I will have 1h45m between my JNB flight landing at 06:00 in CDG and the ZRH connection at 07:45 (so from 2E to 2G). Then on the way back I have 1h05m between my ZRH flight landing at 22:15 and my JNB flight at 23:20 (so from 2G to 2E).

I assume on the JNB - CDG - ZRH leg I will need to go through passport control in CDG? What about the ZRH - CDG - JNB leg?

What is the easiest and quickest way to make these transfers possible?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nadsdl
Hi, I'm also new on here.

I am travelling JNB - CDG - ZRH and back this weekend.

I am a bit worried about the transfer times. I will have 1h45m between my JNB flight landing at 06:00 in CDG and the ZRH connection at 07:45 (so from 2E to 2G). Then on the way back I have 1h05m between my ZRH flight landing at 22:15 and my JNB flight at 23:20 (so from 2G to 2E).

I assume on the JNB - CDG - ZRH leg I will need to go through passport control in CDG? What about the ZRH - CDG - JNB leg?

What is the easiest and quickest way to make these transfers possible?

Thanks so much in advance!
First, welcome to FT
You'll have to pass immigration in CDG for both trips. Use airside bus shuttle for both trips (for the return, your flight to JNB will depart normally from L gates). Just follow the signs for your terminal.
Enjoy your flights
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:21 am

Hello,

I'm also wondering if you could give me some info about a connecting flight I have coming up next week.

I'll be leaving from MTL > CDG > Rome and will have a 1 hr 45 min transfer time.

I'll be arriving in 2E, heading towards 2F.

Arrival time is 5:30am and departure is 7:15am.

At this point I don't know which part of 2F I'll be in but for a connecting flight to Rome, what would be the most likely one? And what is the best way to get there from 2E?

Also, will I have to clear security/passport check when coming from Montreal - I don't believe we're clearing customs in MTL so I'd assume we'll have to in CDG.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bmcconnell17
Hello,

I'm also wondering if you could give me some info about a connecting flight I have coming up next week.

I'll be leaving from MTL > CDG > Rome and will have a 1 hr 45 min transfer time.

I'll be arriving in 2E, heading towards 2F.

Arrival time is 5:30am and departure is 7:15am.

At this point I don't know which part of 2F I'll be in but for a connecting flight to Rome, what would be the most likely one? And what is the best way to get there from 2E?

Also, will I have to clear security/passport check when coming from Montreal - I don't believe we're clearing customs in MTL so I'd assume we'll have to in CDG.

Thanks in advance for your help.
First, welcome to Flyertalk
Hopefully, you precised Montréal in your post because MTL doesn't mean anything here (as you may know airports codes are YUL for Montréal Trudeau airport and YMQ for Montréal "all airports").
I don't really see why you want to know in which part of 2F your flight to FCO will depart from . It doesn't really matter now that 2F is entirely Schengen ops. It has 2 different concourses but you can navigate from one to the other without pb. In any case, it is impossible to know in advance which gate you'll have. To get to 2F from 2E, it depends :
- if you arrive in K gate, just walk
- if you arrive in L or M gates, take the automatic train to K and walk. From L gates, you have the alternative to walk the whole way (not a bad alternative IMO).
Whatever the situation, just follow the signs to 2F and you'll be fine .

You will clear immigration in CDG (1st. entry in Schengen area) and you will clear customs in FCO.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
From L gates, you have the alternative to walk the whole way (not a bad alternative IMO).
Unless you have problems walking, I would certainly do that if you arrive at the L gates too. I find it both faster and more pleasant than the automated transit. In any case, Goldorak already gave you perfect information on all aspects of your question so you now have all it takes for a pleasant and smooth transit, which it should frankly be considering the 1h45 connection time. Your flight will be one of the first ones to arrive at 2E so if you are reasonably fast exiting the aircraft, immigration and security should be reasonably fast.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:28 am

Hi first post here also

Im about to buy a round trip flight, Lisbon(PT)> Denver(CO)

The inbound in 2 weeks time will have a 1h40 connection at Schiphol from Lisbon to Minneapolis (Im assuming this is OK).

The return will be middle of December (18th), and includes a connection at CDG: flight between airfrance flight 7 from JFK and a flight to Lisbon. From what I saw it's from 2F to 2E. >> Will this be enough time at this time of the year? or should I totally skip this flight option?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:48 am

(ups, its from 2E to 2F afterall)
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sergiocasimiro
The return will be middle of December (18th), and includes a connection at CDG: flight between airfrance flight 7 from JFK and a flight to Lisbon. From what I saw it's from 2F to 2E. >> Will this be enough time at this time of the year? or should I totally skip this flight option?
Welcome to FT
As you are not telling us how much time you have, it's hard to give you an answer
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:03 am

sorry
The connection time is 1h10m.
Is this enough?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sergiocasimiro
sorry
The connection time is 1h10m.
Is this enough?
It's tight but feasible if your 1st flight is on-time (note that JFK flights have a tendency to be late due to the saturation of JFK at that time, but airlines are also extending flight times to take into account the frequent 45-60 min taxi times at JFK). In any case, you will be protected in case of mis-connection and AF will rebook you on the next available flight to LIS (there are 5 or 6 a day I believe), so don't worry
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:28 am

Thanks Goldorak
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:26 am

Hi,

I will be having a connecting flight from Prague (PRG) to CDG to Hong Kong (HKG).

Taking AF1583, arriving CDG at 10:20 pm at Terminal 2F
Taking AF188, departing CDG at 11:20pm at Terminal 2E to Hong Kong

Is the connection time being too tight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.