Wiki Posts
Search

Best 747 Affaires seats for couple?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Best 747 Affaires seats for couple?

My wife and I are flying MIA-CDG in J next May, and it appears that the aircraft has been swapped from a 773 to a 744. We are right now in 2K and 2L for the outbound and 2A and 2B on the return. Are there any better seats for a couple? I like the idea of having no one in front of us, but the cabin layouts on AirFrance.us make the four seats in row 1 look very close together. Since I've never been on-board the 744, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You should be very happy of this change of aircraft because you'll have the chance to fly in the nose of the 744 and this is the best place to fly J in this plane. And now, all AF 744 ave been refurbished which will make the experience better.
Note that row 2 is not the 1st row (it is indeed row 1 that has nothing in front). Personnaly, I'm not a big fan of row 1 because you have the closet in front of you and you lack the space feeling that you have from rows 2 to 4. My favorites rows are 2 or 3. Enjoy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold
I have a different question about seating on the 747 - my wife and I are flying DL next April on a 747-400 in business class. I'm assuming when you're talking about flying "in the nose", you're referring to the upper-deck. We've chosen lower-deck seats (9D & F - adjacent center seats with an aisle in front of us) as we don't check luggage when we travel. Even though our bags are relatively small (22" rollers), I imagine it must be a problem going to the upper deck using the circular stairs with luggage.

Do you know if there are any provisions for getting luggage to the upper deck other than, well, "lugging" it?

bert
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You should be very happy of this change of aircraft because you'll have the chance to fly in the nose of the 744 and this is the best place to fly J in this plane. And now, all AF 744 ave been refurbished which will make the experience better.
Note that row 2 is not the 1st row (it is indeed row 1 that has nothing in front). Personnaly, I'm not a big fan of row 1 because you have the closet in front of you and you lack the space feeling that you have from rows 2 to 4. My favorites rows are 2 or 3. Enjoy
Thanks Goldorak! We are currently in row 2 but were thinking about switching to row 1. Based on your recommendation, we will definitely be sticking with our current selections! I'm also glad to hear that all of the 744's have been refurbished. I read somewhere that only a handful of them had been, and I certainly wasn't looking forward to 2 TATL flights with no AVOD!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by bertsirkin
I'm assuming when you're talking about flying "in the nose", you're referring to the upper-deck.
No, the Nose is not the Upperdeck. Affaires-Class is only on the Lower-Deck on Air France.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by bertsirkin
... I imagine it must be a problem going to the upper deck using the circular stairs with luggage.

Do you know if there are any provisions for getting luggage to the upper deck other than, well, "lugging" it?
The circular stairs are something from a long past. 747-400s have a straight staircase going up. And no, there is no provision to get your luggage up there, except through lugging it.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.