Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:59 am

I'm leaving for HAV tomorriw from 2F. I am wondering if flight will leave from 2F or only check in there. I can't imagine a 777 with the works going on in F2. I would also like to try the new lounge in E.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It will be only check-in in 2F. Then you'll walk to satellite S3 (L gates) for boarding. So, unfortunately for you, I don't think you'll try the new lounge (S4 - M gates) this time
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
More changes to connections 2F to 2E

Originally Posted by Pauillac
Connected this morning from F1 to S3 did the new walk airside

Pro :
no security check
Shorter walk

Cons:
Big mess at the border even with fast track it took me more than 30 min to pass. Fast track had only one agent
No parafe yet heard it would be available in few weeks
Until recently arriving PAX at 2F were directed to the air-side walk to 2E for gates 2 L.

2E K & M PAX were directed to the main exit.

Yesterday, I noticed new signposting for airside walk : gate L & M.

Only 2E Gate K directed through main exit.

I would assume that PAX going from F to E gates M would first walk to S3 (gates L), then take Lisa to S4 (gates M)...

Anyone doe it already?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Only 2E Gate K directed through main exit.
Clever. This will take some pressure of the overloaded 2E main entrance. And I reckon the walk is only marginally longer.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posting from 2E S3 lounge. I'm flying today on one of the few non-Schengen flights leaving from 2E but with a check-in in 2F. This time I was not denied sky priority for security in the middle of the terminal and I was the only one in this lane, so it went very fast ^. Then you have to go toward the walkway to S3. Signage is very clear. The immigration control area is large and all bright white (so quite nice and pleasant) but ... only one booth was staffed and nobody to enforce sky priority lane. I mean that non-eligible people were in the right lane but as everybody was going to the same booth, you have to face some "angry" faced people thinking "why is this guy using another lane and passing before us". A second booth opened when I was passing through.
As a whole, not a bad experience and certainly better than the overcrowded 2E during the P2 wave, but the usual CDG problems for police booth staffing and enforcing Sky Priority that should be easy to solve (at least in principle ). A PARAFES booth would be very welcome here.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Did E to F yesterday morning (JNB - MUC) and was actually very impressed. Took me 15 minutes once I stepped off the big bird (L arrival) to the lounge at 2F (I left from F21, not sure what part of F that is). Security and Immigration was a breeze, with people very friendly too.
Lounge at F was extremely crowded, not very pleasant.

I usually transfer to/from 2G (ZRH based) which is definitely much much worse...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
First experience: Just purchased a Shengen-to-Shengen flight (KL/AF operated) with transfer at CDG and the website shows departure from 2D. Which is incorrect..
Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by FB06
My flight to HAV on Oct 27 has been moved from 2E to 2F. So F is not only Schengen flights.
Check in at 2F, but you will be directed to walk to 2E.

2F gates are 100% Schengen.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Transferred to 2F from 2G today, could use skypriority line at the center of the terminal, almost no wait time; transfer gate to gate about 20 minutes. Great! Then the bummer ... could not take an earlier flight despite gate still open at T-20 like in the past. They close flights now 40min early also for transfer pax w/o luggage, this was definitively not the case in the past and makes changeable tickets quite worthless as it was a big advantage to get on connections below MCT when your incoming flight was early.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Arrived from the US on Monday at an M gate (the furthest one away). Had to take the train all the way to K gates, clear immigration at 2E, then walk landside to 2F. (There was also a security incident that closed off a corridor.)

Just like the old days

I had some family with me and they were overwhelmed by the experience. It would be nice if there were an easier way to get from M to F, perhaps via L.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bennos
It would be nice if there were an easier way to get from M to F, perhaps via L.
This way already exists, but I'm not sure it's easier than what you did.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This way already exists, but I'm not sure it's easier than what you did.
Went from 2F to 2M today. Signs point to the L connector, but before you get to that passage you go down an elevator to the bus. Not as bad as my trip the opposite way last week (probably because there was no wait for the bus), and you end up airside at 2M, which is fantastic! No need to reclear security on EU to US departures, which, along with lack of nude-o-scopes, makes CDG my preferred EU hub over AMS.

Also, the 2M lounge is quite nice.

So if you arrive 2M from the US, is there a way to get to 2F for an EU departure without clearing security?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bennos
So if you arrive 2M from the US, is there a way to get to 2F for an EU departure without clearing security?
No.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Just done 2F -> 2E (L), and also done a couple of 2F -> 2Fs recently.

A few comments, in case this thread is still relevant:

1) 2F -> 2F is a big improvement
Connecting within 2F is now quite convenient, and a big improvement over the hike to/from 2D, plus security check, that I used to have to do in the past...

2) Flight information upon arrival in 2F:
Although the 'short connection screens' at the end of the jetways in 2F are a nice touch (although also easily missed), there don't appear to be any other flight information screens until after the doorway that separates access to the 2F gates from everything else (the flight information screens, and boarding card machines, are after the one-way doors). So, if you arrive in 2F, and for some reason aren't sure of which gate your next flight is departing on, then you have no way of checking this, and have to guess which door to go through... (I realise that most posters on this Forum would know, without being told, which gate they need and where it is - but less frequent travellers may not - especially if they received their onward boarding card before a gate had been assigned for that flight...)

Flight information screens before the doorway would be an easy way to help people know which way to go...

3) Queuing Time At 2E Immigration
Various previous posters have mentioned this. There was a huge queue at the Immigration control for 2E (having walked from 2F), filling the entire hall. On the positive side, there was a SkyPriority / Access No 1 queue (which had an agent at the entrance, checking eligibility ^), but even in this queue, it took me ~15 minutes to get through...

4) General Impressions
Personally, I don't like the lower level walkways in 2F - they feel crowded, especially as they have concrete pillars in the middle every few metres. I realise this is an issue with the construction of the terminal, which can't be changed - but it is still unfortunate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.