Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Old Sep 29, 12, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold

Hello,

As you all know, CDG is changing a lot this year. Starting Monday October 1st, the 2F terminal will be a 100% Schengen terminal. (actually, a few non Schengen flights may be in the mix the 1st weeks, so let me correct this to 99%).

Please post here about your personal experience, using this terminal, making a transfer to - or from 2F. This thread is not for long debates, priority is given to your testimony, your own experience. This will be followed closely by AF staff and helps improve the operations in the first weeks.

Thank you for your cooperation ^

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 30, 12 at 12:49 pm
Old Sep 29, 12, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
hello Chrissxb
Although, it didn't happen after oct 1st (but on sept 18), I'm copying here something I posted in the following thread (post #127), because it is very recent and I think it is fully relevant for this new thread :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...opments-9.html

Was flying from 2F1 this morning for the 1st time since the opening of the central security check in the middle of the terminal. Nicely done and large to accommodate many pax. But wanted to use the SkyPriority lane, they refused to let me in and sent me to the other SkyPriority control point on the far left (so a mile away ). Completely ridiculous as this new check point is clearly serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?
Old Sep 30, 12, 4:48 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
hello Chrissxb
Although, it didn't happen after oct 1st (but on sept 18), I'm copying here something I posted in the following thread (post #127), because it is very recent and I think it is fully relevant for this new thread :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...opments-9.html

Was flying from 2F1 this morning for the 1st time since the opening of the central security check in the middle of the terminal. Nicely done and large to accommodate many pax. But wanted to use the SkyPriority lane, they refused to let me in and sent me to the other SkyPriority control point on the far left (so a mile away ). Completely ridiculous as this new check point is clearly serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?
This happened to me a few weeks ago, good to burn calories otherwise silly.

The drop off point for taxis is at that end, though i got my driver this week to ignore that and drop me in front of the SkyPriority desks and security. Saved me the walk to the other end...
Old Sep 30, 12, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I'm departing there on the 5th. Will take extra time to explore a bit where possible.
Old Sep 30, 12, 6:59 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
I'm departing there on the 5th. Will take extra time to explore a bit where possible.
Me too. And on the 8th again. Will explore and report as well.
Old Sep 30, 12, 11:34 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
I got a message through during the week that I have to change from 2E to 2F next Saturday (originally arriving at and departing from 2E).
Not a happy bunny now with only 65 minutes transfer time...

Will hopefully be able to report positively here...
Old Sep 30, 12, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
With due respect, there is little to explore (unless you go through 2F for the first time ).

Flew to TLS last Thursday. Went through Sky-priority channel (the one on the left).

All same as usual, except:

- one can walk to the other part of the terminal (was closed before)
- duty free shops for liquor and tobacco was closed for renovation.

Flew back from BOD. All same as usual to luggage reclaim...

- Way to gates 2E-L signposted directing PX to the left (leading to the travelators to S3).

Have to say that signposting was kind of discreet and many people would not notice (especially since PNC on board do not know that there is a direct link with S3 and tell connecting PAX to exit 2F, go to 2E and take LISA...
Old Oct 1, 12, 3:34 am
B66

Programs: AF Elite+, FB platinum
Was flying from 2F1 this morning for the 1st time since the opening of the central security check in the middle of the terminal. Nicely done and large to accommodate many pax. But wanted to use the SkyPriority lane, they refused to let me in and sent me to the other SkyPriority control point on the far left (so a mile away ). Completely ridiculous as this new check point is clearly serving 2F1 gates. Do you see any good reason or was it just another lazy and incompetent agent ?[/QUOTE]

Same for me !
Old Oct 1, 12, 3:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for life

Connected this morning from F1 to S3 did the new walk airside

Pro :
no security check
Shorter walk

Cons:
Big mess at the border even with fast track it took me more than 30 min to pass. Fast track had only one agent
No parafe yet heard it would be available in few weeks
Old Oct 1, 12, 3:50 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Will probably travel through 2F this Friday and share my observations.

Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
This happened to me a few weeks ago, good to burn calories otherwise silly.

The drop off point for taxis is at that end, though i got my driver this week to ignore that and drop me in front of the SkyPriority desks and security. Saved me the walk to the other end...
Same experience last week when flying to AMS.

I asked the taxi to drop me in front of the central security check. Went in, straight to the Acces No1. Was refused there because flying to AMS, and when I enquired why I couldn't access they explained to me that this central Access No1 was physically separated from the left terminal wing (gates F30 etc). So I was sent to the other Access No1, but of course passing by the "normal" (=non Access No1) screening lane where it stated "all flights to Amsterdam".

So non-priority passengers use the central screening area no matter whether they are departing from the left wing (gates F30 etc) or from the right wing (F50). But priority passengers cannot use that same screening area because there supposedly is a wall which precludes them from going to the left wing gates. Sounds a bit implausible to me and the entire setup a little silly.

What is baffling is the self-security with which the security people (no pun intended) just lie into people's faces, or actually believe what they say. Continuous bafflement that recruiting for security at CDG is to be a self-confident liar and/or sufficiently imbecile to just blindly enforce some obviously non-sensical procedure.
Old Oct 1, 12, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Same experience last week when flying to AMS.

I asked the taxi to drop me in front of the central security check. Went in, straight to the Acces No1. Was refused there because flying to AMS, and when I enquired why I couldn't access they explained to me that this central Access No1 was physically separated from the left terminal wing (gates F30 etc). So I was sent to the other Access No1, but of course passing by the "normal" (=non Access No1) screening lane where it stated "all flights to Amsterdam".

So non-priority passengers use the central screening area no matter whether they are departing from the left wing (gates F30 etc) or from the right wing (F50). But priority passengers cannot use that same screening area because there supposedly is a wall which precludes them from going to the left wing gates. Sounds a bit implausible to me and the entire setup a little silly.
I was also flying to AMS in my case and made exactly the same assessment as you seeing the non-priority lanes indicating "all flights to AMS" and displaying all Schengen flights departing from 2F1. Ridiculous
Old Oct 5, 12, 11:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)

Okay. Live from the overcrowded 2F1 lounge, did my exploration and yes there are things to report.

2F2 is as before with many more shops and cafeteria. 2F2 is also much less crowded at this moment, about 1/3 of what I see in 2F1 at the moment. And that includes the lounge. Unfortunately they directed me to the 2F1 lounge, so that's a trick you can't apply when you have a long wait.

On the 2F1 side of the interconnection most shops are closed, or being refurbished. The central security check seems to work very well, but I used Sky Priority checkin and security check on the 2F1 side, which all went very quick.

For the rest nothing much to report.
Old Oct 5, 12, 5:53 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Flew today from LIN connecting to PRG. The plane parked at 02E and therefore was bussed to 02F. Once I got off the bus, there were clear signs indicating the different gates to the left and to the right. The old passport checkpoints were still there but empty. Apart from that, F2 was overcrowded and the lounge had no seats available (not even in the lower floor). F1 seems to only have 3 operational jetways for now.

My connection was short and therefore couldn't explore any further...
Old Oct 6, 12, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by tff View Post
Flew today from LIN connecting to PRG. The plane parked at 02E and therefore was bussed to 02F. Once I got off the bus, there were clear signs indicating the different gates to the left and to the right. The old passport checkpoints were still there but empty. Apart from that, F2 was overcrowded and the lounge had no seats available (not even in the lower floor). F1 seems to only have 3 operational jetways for now.

My connection was short and therefore couldn't explore any further...
Sounds like you've mixed up F1 and F2.
Old Oct 6, 12, 8:01 am

My flight to HAV on Oct 27 has been moved from 2E to 2F. So F is not only Schengen flights.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: