Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Now it's AF turn to offer paid for pre-order meals in long haul Y and W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
In order to check what is not visible on each of the three menus that were announced first, you can compare the photographs with the detailed description provided in manureva744's excellent post (n° 10 in this thread).

For the "Signature Lenotre" winter meal:

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 22, 2012 at 2:09 am
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Guys, I know. I saw the trays at the do. All I am saying is that it gives that impression!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:27 am

still think they are slightly pricey compared to some of the other premium bob options, am keen to try them though!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Will the rolls be warm?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:33 am

Note that since PV already has improved starters and desserts, the case for an improved whole meal is slimmer. Did I read there is an option for drink pairings ?

Last time I traveled in PV it was not offered in the reservation or at check in. Maybe June 1 was too early.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Regarding the quanity of the meals. From what I saw at the DO the quantities looked considerable. Defenitely more than what you'd get from the standard meal.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:41 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Update from the Air France French travel agent portal

Effective July 1st:
  • [*]

Restrictions:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Effective July 1st:[list]the five à la carte meals are available for long-haul flights from CDG & ORY, except flights to India, Canada, AMM & DAM
What's special with these destinations to justify this restriction. I can eventually understand AMM & DAM served by a narrowbody but India and Canada ???
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
What's special with these destinations to justify this restriction. I can eventually understand AMM & DAM served by a narrowbody but India and Canada ???
For India, I would guess (without any kind of insider information) that it has to do with the number of special meals that are ordered already. For Canada, it could be something similar, involving a significant number of passengers travelling between Canada & India via CDG. Just a guess.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
For India, I would guess (without any kind of insider information) that it has to do with the number of special meals that are ordered already. For Canada, it could be something similar, involving a significant number of passengers travelling between Canada & India via CDG. Just a guess.
I hadn't thought of it but suspect you're right. YUL always seems to have lots of Indian meals and KSML (not sure about Toronto though) and as you point out, India has huge proportion of the various Indian meals + regular vegetarian meals.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Just logged in to check my TATL flight next week, and the meal purchase option has been activated (CDG-BOS). It was only available on the flight over, which is Voyageur, but not on the Premium Voyageur for the return. Perhaps it is because they upgraded the Premium Voyager meals, they feel they don't need to offer the paid options?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Just logged in to check my TATL flight next week, and the meal purchase option has been activated (CDG-BOS). It was only available on the flight over, which is Voyageur, but not on the Premium Voyageur for the return. Perhaps it is because they upgraded the Premium Voyager meals, they feel they don't need to offer the paid options?
Unless I am mistaken, à la carte meals are not offered from outstations except for CAY, FDF, PTP & RUN.

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 29, 2012 at 7:04 am
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I hadn't thought of it but suspect you're right. YUL always seems to have lots of Indian meals and KSML (not sure about Toronto though) and as you point out, India has huge proportion of the various Indian meals + regular vegetarian meals.
KLM also does not offer it on flights to Toronto (due to the high number of special meals on that flight).

They do, on the other hand, give you the option to book it on flights to India.

KLM Website
Exclusively when seated in Economy Class on intercontinental KLM flights departing from Amsterdam except when flying to Cairo, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Toronto
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Unless I am mistake, à la carte meals are not offered from outstations except for CAY, FDF, PTP & RUN.
ah okay, that explains it ^

On the downside, I just noticed that my Siege Plus seat disappeared after I ordered the special meal. Need to call them and get it back. Ugh.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by oenophilist
ah okay, that explains it ^

On the downside, I just noticed that my Siege Plus seat disappeared after I ordered the special meal. Need to call them and get it back. Ugh.
Maybe you've been upgraded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.