Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Now it's AF turn to offer paid for pre-order meals in long haul Y and W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now it's AF turn to offer paid for pre-order meals in long haul Y and W

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I wonder if these will actually be served in courses, or if it will be a tray containing everything. If these are served in separate courses the low cost PV + Special-meal combo might even in some ways compete with Affaires.
This is Y (and Y+), so I don't see them serving one course after the other like in J or F. It will be obviously everything-on-tray.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by manureva744
I would personnaly go for the Traditions one ! Always love Duck Confit !
+1
Thanks for posting the menus
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
Indeed, all 3 trays are very French which is what you expect when you travel on Air France.
Also, know that from july 2012 another 2 meals will be available : The Italian Meal and the Seafood Meal. Also from july AF will expand the routes on which you will be able to order the trays.

The Organic tray is nearly all organic with the plates etc made of sugar cane pulp, the cutlery are made of bamboo and the dish for the hot meal is made of porcelain for reheating purposes.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by manureva744
The Organic tray is nearly all organic with the plates etc made of sugar cane pulp, the cutlery are made of bamboo.
So if you are VERY hungry, you can also eat the plates.
And that even reduces trash on the plane (same story with newspapers on domestic flights).
Brilliant idea
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kölner
It would be nice, if there is also in Affaires-Class an option to pre-order your meal (somethink like "Book-the-Cook" on other airlines).
Well as KLM already has it, maybe AF will follow on this again too.

I do find AF's options to be quite expensive though.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It would be quite nice to have these offers available on medium-haul routes.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
A very good point. Even on shorthaul.
Sad that you can eat on Easyjet but not on AF.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I am not against, as long as it doesn't deteriorate the quantity and quality of currrent Y meals, which are usually quite decent for an airline in Y. (J offerings need polishing though!)

On shorth haul it's easy. Anything paid will be better than "sucre or sale?"
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:40 pm

I d be more tempted to try it with the wine pairing. Seafood and champagne would be great on a diet!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by af fp
Seafood and champagne would be great on a diet!
Remember that a glass of champagne brings between 85 and 120 calories (lots of sugar), as much as a glass of vodka...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Oh boy,

I fear that I will repeat myself once more, but again, AF has to cut costs ( aka fat )

All revenue-enhancing options are a step forward, albeit this is a very small revenue increasing add-on.

I really hope that they understand the situation and that offers like this are not meant to offset the high operating costs.

I also hope that the quality of the $$$ meals in Y will not be higher than the average C class meal.

Vice versa, such high prices ( for guests from countries with lower per capita expenditures for food ) could also result in a lot of complaints, in case the quality&quantity do not reach certain expected levels...

I applaud them for following a current trend ( local food from the airline's origin is highly demanded ) , however do not see the masses going for it...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
It's a nice idea but the long haul (Y) meals for flights ex CDG are already pretty decent (and generous).
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
OS is following suit, including on most of its intra-European network: ^

http://www.austrian.com/Info/OnBoard...=DE&sc_lang=en

Unfortunately, you need a PNR for an upcoming flight to see precisely what is on offer.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
OS is following suit, including on most of its intra-European network: ^

http://www.austrian.com/Info/OnBoard...=DE&sc_lang=en

Unfortunately, you need a PNR for an upcoming flight to see precisely what is on offer.
As I posted in a corresponding LH thread a week or so ago, they are not just following suit, they implement in also from outstations which AF & KL only consider. The possibility to order it atthe airport up to an hour from deprting VIE is also great. Wonder whether at least KL could pull that off.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Just as it would be quite nice to get ANY food on shorthaul!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.