Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Mystery of the Disappearing Passengers?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, BMI DC, Flying Blue
Disappearing passengers...

... can cause disappearing planes...this is very interested topic, given that Independent is reporting that pilot was probably not in the cockpit when the AF447 crashed into Atlantic and two "less experienced pilots aboard" This could mean that maybe just one or none was in the cabin.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...h-2285525.html

Last edited by dushanko; May 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Old May 19, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Ah, so you mean that the 'Mile high club' is a bit like Flying Blue??
I thought I was familiar with the features of Flying Blue - but if the above statement is correct, it would appear there are Flying Blue privileges and features I know nothing about.
Old May 19, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Happens quite frequently. Usually with GPs but also with fellow pilots who travel on leisure and introduce themselves to the crew. But also for pax: On the few flights in P I did I always ask whether I could be in the cockpit, usually by just asking and sometimes by mentioning/showing my pilot's licence (which is for planes that have the size of the galley of a 777, but never mind). The CDC went up to the Captain and said "there is this P class pax that would like to join you in the cockpit, could he...". Usually not a problem.

Once a couple of years ago I was approached by the CDC saying that apparently something had gone wrong on my previous flight - I didn't remember anymore, but very probably true - and whether I wanted to be in the cockpit for takeoff/landing. This was still a 737-500 before they left the fleet. Very funny experience for me and embarassing for the cockpit crew, because I witnessed a major blunder: they almost landed at the wrong airport (no kidding)! Pax didn't notice, but I oversaw their manoeuvre and I heard the ATC instructions.

Also, I have had quite a number of trips in the cockpit with LX, where a friend of mine is a Captain. What really surprised me on those flights I did with him: you can be a guest for flights into the US. But not on flights into the UK or Israel. The last two, OK. But the US? I mean, I am not allowed to bring a Camembert cheese on board but I can sit in the cockpit? Absurd, albeit with a positive impact.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Most likely a control/instruction flight or maybe part of a LOSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.