Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

What are you thankful for that Air France has that the others do not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are you thankful for that Air France has that the others do not?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
bodory and I seem to be brothers in spirit. I also wanted to mention AF having the most child-friendly cabin crews that I know (just experienced it again yesterday - phantastic!), and those biscuits.

I understand that chrissxb and the chaps heading over to the meeting with AF today do not only want to bring negative feedback - their thread on "what questions do you have" turned into a laundry list of everything that is not so great, and there seems to be a fair share.

But maybe it would be wiser to give them the positive feedback more generally in terms of "hey, you have a great network, you are a seriously run company, you have a great brand name - make something of it". Rather than saying that their choice of French newspapers is something great that others don't have. Wow. Aegean has more Greek newspapers than AF. Not exactly the kind of metric one should compare airlines on.

Good luck with the meeting. Give them a hard time in questions and suggestions, but don't make them feel as if they were complete loosers (unless you have the IT guys in front of you )
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by creber
bodory and I seem to be brothers in spirit. I also wanted to mention AF having the most child-friendly cabin crews that I know (just experienced it again yesterday - phantastic!) ...
I don't have children, but they don't bother me on flights. I agree that the AF cabin crew is top-notch with families traveling with children, I have seen them go way beyond the call of duty to help out and accommodate. I will always remember flying SFO-CDG and a very chic CCP dealing with a J passenger complaining about an infant traveling in the same cabin (yes, he was screaming and crying; there was lots of turbulence and my ears were killing me, can't imagine what it was like for the little one). The CCP brought the complaining passenger another glass of Champagne and asked if he remembered flying when he was 18 months old; he stammered a bit and replied well of course he didn't. And she said "I didn't think so. Enjoy your Champagne."
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
The CCP brought the complaining passenger another glass of Champagne and asked if he remembered flying when he was 18 months old; he stammered a bit and replied well of course he didn't. And she said "I didn't think so. Enjoy your Champagne."

That seems like a non-sequitur to me!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
orbitmic and saviox mentioned it, but I'll third it: La Premire lounge is most excellent, with some of the best food of any airline lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
1. French service
2. French films
3. Status-earning credit card

Who else does all that?

AT does #1 better than AF, but they have a small network
No one else does #2 well
Does anyone else do #3? LH in Germany maybe?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:37 am

Champagne in long haul Y and long haul lounges.
PV, even though the seats need padding.
Overall pretty nice staff after you get used to handling them...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: aa, priority club, southwest
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I would suggest that the J cabin is subsidizing the Y cabin.
Vive la Revolution!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
- Luggage allowance for plats in J (although it used to b e a good excuse to stop Mrs FR spending on holidays)
- CDG Terminal 2, sorry for all people in Transit, but living in Paris with no checked in Luggage I am rarely more than 10 minutes between plane and car (ok 15 if its a bus), definitely can't say that about Heathrow, Frankfurt, Amsterdam...

And above all - CROISSANTS!!!!!! In the lounge and in the back on short haul and yet, even though they are mass-produced they are better than any coissant you can find either on other airlines or even in most non French Bakeries. I don't need a Salami sandwich at 6h30...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Flexibility of the awards with the possibility to book one-way
Most of the time, AF Staff and crew members
Accs numro 1
French American Express Flying Blue card
Variety of french newspapers and Magazines in lounges
Old good time of Frquence Plus Rouge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.