Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E -> 2G (arrivals) lounge best option?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by JOUY31
This is the case with many arrivals lounges with different airlines. The rationale behind that is that, after 2PM, you should not have any difficulty checking into your hotel if you have arrived at your destination. If you have an onward journey, you can use the departures lounges. In the case of an onward journey from 2G, it is unfortunately not so pleasant.
And that was exactly my case. It was departure from 2G, where the lounge is tiny, overcrowded, and has no amenities whatsoever (other than a small fridge with some drinks and some hard cookies or something). I had to stand in line just to get a seat! I had a 5h connection, but no way to take a shower or anything. All I could take was the bus to 2G and get stuck in there... ugh how that made me never want to travel through CDG again.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RealHJ
It's only open for a few hours a day, rendering it mostly useless... afternoon that whole terminal is dead and deserted.
It is open from 5:00 am to 2:00 pm. I would not consider a 9 hour window as "a few hours a day". As Jouy31 said, business pax arriving after 2 pm are rarely jumping into a meeting which could justify to freshen up before, but are rather going home or to their hotel where they can shower.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It is open from 5:00 am to 2:00 pm. I would not consider a 9 hour window as "a few hours a day". As Jouy31 said, business pax arriving after 2 pm are rarely jumping into a meeting which could justify to freshen up before, but are rather going home or to their hotel where they can shower.
Or onto a connecting flight, after already flying for a day and two nights...when freshening up could have been very nice to have.

And/or to 2G, which has a horrible departures lounge, and would rather spend time at the arrivals lounge and get to 2G as late as possible.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:32 am

I will land at 11.35 (Terminal 2E) and have a connection flight at 13.05 (Terminal 2G). Is this 1,3h connection-time enough time to have a breakfast in the Arrival Lounge 2C?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Klner
I will land at 11.35 (Terminal 2E) and have a connection flight at 13.05 (Terminal 2G). Is this 1,3h connection-time enough time to have a breakfast in the Arrival Lounge 2C?
I'm afraid it's too tight
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
2E-> 2G-arriving at 13:50

Just want to make sure that something hasn't changed. AF website indicates that the Affaires lounge at 2E is "Location within the airport: Terminal 2E, on the left after security (airside), lower level". Is this new?

I'm doing the same 2E to 2G dance (arriving on AF at 13:50) so I might get some time in 2C before it closes at 14:30 but this sounds like a nicer option if true.

Plus, where is passport/customs? I'm coming from ATL on my way to ZUR.

Also what's a good estimate for travel time? I have a two hour layover (with family) and would rather skip a lounge then miss the connection.

Thanks...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superspudbucket
Just want to make sure that something hasn't changed. AF website indicates that the Affaires lounge at 2E is "Location within the airport: Terminal 2E, on the left after security (airside), lower level". Is this new?

I'm doing the same 2E to 2G dance (arriving on AF at 13:50) so I might get some time in 2C before it closes at 14:30 but this sounds like a nicer option if true.

Plus, where is passport/customs? I'm coming from ATL on my way to ZUR.

Also what's a good estimate for travel time? I have a two hour layover (with family) and would rather skip a lounge then miss the connection.

Thanks...
With a two hour layover I'd say head directly to the bus to 2G.

You enter EU at 2E arrivals, then need to head out landside to get to 2G.

Waiting for the bus + taking the bus, 15-30 minutes. Another 5-15 minutes for security at 2G. Up to 45 min just to get to and into 2G.

Plus if you are not an EU citizen, slower imigration (even for EU citizens at CDG it can be slow), so it all seems that you have just enough time to make it to 2G, without much time to spare.

And 2G has a lounge. A really, really crappy and tiny one (room for about 10-15), that is.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by superspudbucket
You cannot access the 2E departures area (and lounge) without a boarding pass for a same-day departure from 2E. So you can only access the 2C arrivals lounge or the 2G departures lounge. As mentioned by other posters, you won't have the time to go to 2C and should head directly to 2G and its lounge, which is indeed quite subpar.

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Thanks for the feedback...sounds like a plan
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by JOUY31
You cannot access the 2E departures area (and lounge) without a boarding pass for a same-day departure from 2E. So you can only access the 2C arrivals lounge or the 2G departures lounge. As mentioned by other posters, you won't have the time to go to 2C and should head directly to 2G and its lounge, which is indeed quite subpar.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wanted to verify something: Can one access the 2E lounges upon arrival from an international flight (connecting to a Schengen flight from 2F)?

Here's my itinerary:
ATL-CDG on AF arriving at 11:10 AM into 2E
CDG-ATH on AF departing 12:40 PM from 2F

US citizens, flying in J on both flights

Based on other reviews, it seems like any lounge in 2E will be better than either in 2F - especially if we want a shower and/or hot food...
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by davakkar
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wanted to verify something: Can one access the 2E lounges upon arrival from an international flight (connecting to a Schengen flight from 2F)?

Here's my itinerary:
ATL-CDG on AF arriving at 11:10 AM into 2E
CDG-ATH on AF departing 12:40 PM from 2F

US citizens, flying in J on both flights

Based on other reviews, it seems like any lounge in 2E will be better than either in 2F - especially if we want a shower and/or hot food...
No... You will only have access to the 2F lounge, as it is not enough time to use the arrivals lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
No... You will only have access to the 2F lounge, as it is not enough time to use the arrivals lounge.
Correct. And, in any case, the time to spend in the lounge will be minimal. Not even enough time to take a shower IMO.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
When arriving at the L-gates you can use lounge 2E-L before going on to immigration to 2F, but with as little time as OP has I would not do it as queues at immigration lately are longer than usual and showers in the F lounge are ok.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Correct. And, in any case, the time to spend in the lounge will be minimal. Not even enough time to take a shower IMO.
Are the immigration queues that bad these days?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MarLim
When arriving at the L-gates you can use lounge 2E-L before going on to immigration to 2F
I know that a few posters have reported such a possibility, but I believe those are more "exceptions". The official rule is access to a terminal departure area only if you have a BP for a flight departing from there.

Originally Posted by Ditto
Are the immigration queues that bad these days?
It depends at what time of course, but the lines are indeed long for the last months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.