Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG Airport Baggage Policy for flights coming from Israel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Paris CDG Airport Baggage Policy for flights coming from Israel

Hello everyone,

Recently, I flew a trip in Business class on Air France routing from Chicago ORD to Paris CDG onward to Tel Aviv, Israel. I spent several days in Israel, but before I came back to the United States my wife and I decided to stay in Paris for a few days. Problems arose when our flight from Tel Aviv came to Paris CDG airport. The first problem happened when our Airbus 319 was taxi/parked short of the available gate for more than 30 minutes. No one at Air France had really an explantation regarding this. However, everyone on board was wondering what was going on because on a clear, sunny day why is our plane the only one with troubles getting to the gateway. Repeat: the airplane pulls up to the gate and sits short for more than 30 minutes with no movement from the ground. Second, when my wife and other passengers came to the baggage claim we waited for more than 2 hours for our checked bags. Planes before and after the flight from Tel Aviv received their bags, but the staff (foreign nationality other than French) decided to go on strike. When other passengers argued for their bags no help could be found from the staff at Air France. One of the fellow passengers who fly this route on a regular basis told me that this is normal. Honestly, I felt discriminated against by Air France. If I had made a normal 2-3 hr connection my bags would not have made it to the states. Is this how Air France treats its passengers from the Middle East? Moral Ethics... Its not right and things should be addressed and change!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:58 am
ixs

Programs: Many
One question: Do you really think the baggage handlers on strike have any idea what nationality the owner of the bags is?
I find strikes as annoying as the next guy but to claim discrimination is going a bit too far. This only helps to hide the real cases of discrimination.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:52 am
Original Poster

tell me... how come a fellow business traveler that day told me that this situation with the baggage happens everytimes he flies into Paris CDG from Tel Aviv and that no one in the baggage service department could come to the aid of the passengers or care about when the passengers would get their bags. The baggage employees went on a small strike to protest against that flight coming from Israel that day. This happens a lot. Things should be change and address. I recommend someone take this flight in the future and see. If you have all the time in the world and not a close 2-3 hr connection via Paris then maybe you wont be mad.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ADeutsch
...The baggage employees went on a small strike to protest against that flight coming from Israel that day. This happens a lot. ...
Since decades there are daily flights from Israel to Paris, and this is the first time I hear that "foreign" AF employees went on a small strike (?) to protest against those daily flights. My feeling is that whatever you were told by your fellow traveller was simple BS. At any rate, I have no idea of what really happened, but I am certain that there is neither an official nor an in-official policy discriminating against flights/passengers from the Middle East or Israel.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Hello everyone,

Recently, I flew a trip in Business class on Air France routing from Chicago ORD to Paris CDG onward to Tel Aviv, Israel. I spent several days in Israel, but before I came back to the United States my wife and I decided to stay in Paris for a few days. Problems arose when our flight from Tel Aviv came to Paris CDG airport. The first problem happened when our Airbus 319 was taxi/parked short of the available gate for more than 30 minutes. No one at Air France had really an explantation regarding this. However, everyone on board was wondering what was going on because on a clear, sunny day why is our plane the only one with troubles getting to the gateway. Repeat: the airplane pulls up to the gate and sits short for more than 30 minutes with no movement from the ground. Second, when my wife and other passengers came to the baggage claim we waited for more than 2 hours for our checked bags. Planes before and after the flight from Tel Aviv received their bags, but the staff (foreign nationality other than French) decided to go on strike. Every other flight was taken care of in a timely manner, but our flight wasn't. When other passengers argued for their bags no help could be found from the staff at Air France. One of the fellow passengers who fly this route on a regular basis told me that this is normal. Honestly, I felt discriminated against by Air France. If I had made a normal 2-3 hr connection my bags would not have made it to the states. Is this how Air France treats its passengers from the Middle East? Moral Ethics... Its not right and things should be addressed and change! Delta Airlines should not be associated with an airline that discriminates against its passengers from other parts of the world.
For a second I thought you were describing LH, which I find to treat it's MENA and South Asian passengers extremely poorly (measly seating, measly facilities in the terminals, waiting around on aircraft and buses over 15 minutes from the terminal). I haven't encountered this with AF - hope this was a one-time issue - but still, you should complain to AF about it.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Also posted in the AF forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ng-israel.html
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
This should probably be moved to the AF forum...not sure what it has to do with DL.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As the OP, in violation of FT rules, has chosen to cross post this discussion to the DL forum, we will now close this thread and let the discussion continue over there,

Jouy31
AF/KL co-moderator

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 2, 2010 at 1:30 pm
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
FYI: given that the OP has chosen to crosspost this thread in the DL forum, the original thread in the AF forum is now closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.