FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris CDG Airport Baggage Policy for flights coming from Israel
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 am
ADeutsch

Paris CDG Airport Baggage Policy for flights coming from Israel

Hello everyone,

Recently, I flew a trip in Business class on Air France routing from Chicago ORD to Paris CDG onward to Tel Aviv, Israel. I spent several days in Israel, but before I came back to the United States my wife and I decided to stay in Paris for a few days. Problems arose when our flight from Tel Aviv came to Paris CDG airport. The first problem happened when our Airbus 319 was taxi/parked short of the available gate for more than 30 minutes. No one at Air France had really an explantation regarding this. However, everyone on board was wondering what was going on because on a clear, sunny day why is our plane the only one with troubles getting to the gateway. Repeat: the airplane pulls up to the gate and sits short for more than 30 minutes with no movement from the ground. Second, when my wife and other passengers came to the baggage claim we waited for more than 2 hours for our checked bags. Planes before and after the flight from Tel Aviv received their bags, but the staff (foreign nationality other than French) decided to go on strike. When other passengers argued for their bags no help could be found from the staff at Air France. One of the fellow passengers who fly this route on a regular basis told me that this is normal. Honestly, I felt discriminated against by Air France. If I had made a normal 2-3 hr connection my bags would not have made it to the states. Is this how Air France treats its passengers from the Middle East? Moral Ethics... Its not right and things should be addressed and change!