Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow T4: Fast track for Elite Plus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs down Heathrow T4: Fast track for Elite Plus?

Today at check in I was told by the staff that I can go thhrough the fast track lane but have to show my Plat card

When arrived at control, access was denied: nope, you must tavel business or first class

At the (new) Skyteam lounge, I asked some clarification. The anwer was: oh, AF refuses to pay for fast track, so there is no fast track service anymore for AF passengers...
Old Jan 24, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
ah, one never ceases to find new FB 'enhancements', does one?

does the same go for KL and other ST members?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Today at check in I was told by the staff that I can go thhrough the fast track lane but have to show my Plat card

When arrived at control, access was denied: nope, you must tavel business or first class

At the (new) Skyteam lounge, I asked some clarification. The anwer was: oh, AF refuses to pay for fast track, so there is no fast track service anymore for AF passengers...
Exactly what BA used to do at T1 & T4. No problem with KL at the time, though, but I haven't used it since November 24th.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Has also been discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...ck-lhr-t4.html
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Exactly what BA used to do at T1
mmm.... zone R?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:50 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NickB
mmm.... zone R?
You're right for T1. I was thinking of the T1 FCC (and the line snaking down beyond the escalator ...) and T4. Thanks for the correction .
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I can confirm I was told no fast track with FB platinum on my last KLM flight in Y. Last Czech Airlines in C was not a problem.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Why do AFKL do such a thing?

I don't get it. This would be a perfect way to give some added value to its status FFPs, and it also is a way to win some time and look better in the comparison with the Eurostar.

People must love my comparisons by now, but here's what LH do at Heathrow: they have converted Zone R - the former BA "premium CKI area" - into a premium CKI area for LH and the other airlines they are handling. There also is a separate "FCL/HON check-in lounge" at Zone R, something like a bonsai FCT. It is accessible by pax flying to Germany and then continue in First Class, or by HONs. From there one accesses directly the Fast Track. "Lowly SENs" still have access to the fast track, albeit without the privilege of the separate First Class check-in area.

To me that is one more blatant example of how AFKL does less in terms of "hard privileges" for its loyal customers, and how little understanding AFKL still has that making travel hassle-free is one of the most important aspects for frequent flyers when chosing an airline.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by creber
Why do AFKL do such a thing?

I don't get it. This would be a perfect way to give some added value to its status FFPs, and it also is a way to win some time and look better in the comparison with the Eurostar.

People must love my comparisons by now, but here's what LH do at Heathrow: they have converted Zone R - the former BA "premium CKI area" - into a premium CKI area for LH and the other airlines they are handling. There also is a separate "FCL/HON check-in lounge" at Zone R, something like a bonsai FCT. It is accessible by pax flying to Germany and then continue in First Class, or by HONs. From there one accesses directly the Fast Track. "Lowly SENs" still have access to the fast track, albeit without the privilege of the separate First Class check-in area.

To me that is one more blatant example of how AFKL does less in terms of "hard privileges" for its loyal customers, and how little understanding AFKL still has that making travel hassle-free is one of the most important aspects for frequent flyers when chosing an airline.
+1: hear, hear!...
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:07 am

Fast track worked today for Tempo Challenge aka Premium Voyageur, so no idea about ST E+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.