Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Releasing AF 747 upstairs seats?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, among others.
Originally Posted by cfischer
I just tried and have no problem assigning myself another another upper deck seat. Maybe they are starting to enforce the PE-only rule for premium seating?
There's a Platinum-only rule for selecting premium seating ? Where ?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cingrand
There's a Platinum-only rule for selecting premium seating ? Where ?
I am just trying to see why I can still assign myself upper deck seats and several posters with FB Gold claim they can't.
The AF system has been broken for me before and actually tried to charge me 50 EUR ... had to call to get this fixed. Could very well be that AF is changing the rules again.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:36 am

I just realized that my FB miles were going to expire soon due to lack of revenue travel on Skyteam (yes, my move back over to Oneworld is serious and has been great so far!).

I was in BKK last week and took the opportunity to do a same-day return to Hanoi on AF. With just over 250k FB miles still in my account, the $180-odd cost was well worth it in my opinion.

That said, I too found that the upper deck was blocked off when I tried to pick a seat at the time of booking. Then, when I tried again, I got the standard "Our reservation tool is currently unavailable. We are doing our best to restore the functionality in the shortest terms" message. Since it was a short-ish flight anyway, I didn’t bother.

At the airport, I was given a window on the lower deck. The BKK-HAN segment was pretty full, by the way. And they also said they couldn’t check me in for the return, and I would have to do that at HAN.

Anyway, the flight was pretty vanilla, though they did serve a little snack (sandwich, dessert, fruit) and a full beverage service.

On the return, I was given an upper deck seat without asking. Turns out I was one of only four people on the UD – and the downstairs wasn’t all that full either.

Oh, and no food of any kind on the HAN-BKK leg.

By the way, do AF have a policy of not letting you buy online if flight departure is within 24 hours? That’s what I discovered when looking at BKK-HAN / SGN last week.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Originally Posted by cfischer
Have you tried www.klm.com?
Hi cfischer,

I haven't done the actual booking yet as I want to see what seats are available before parting with my cash, and KLM.com doesn't give you a pre-view or seat selection option at booking like AF does (great feature IMHO ^)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:32 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by moomoo
By the way, do AF have a policy of not letting you buy online if flight departure is within 24 hours? That’s what I discovered when looking at BKK-HAN / SGN last week.
That's been the case for as long as I can remember. Last time I had this issue, I just called the 24/7 Elite Plus line.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cupart
Hi cfischer,

I haven't done the actual booking yet as I want to see what seats are available before parting with my cash, and KLM.com doesn't give you a pre-view or seat selection option at booking like AF does (great feature IMHO ^)
once you booked (elsewhere), airfrance.com is often not cooperating with seat assignments, but klm.com works just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.