Wiki Posts
Search

AF service for platinum: excellent tonight!!! f

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
AF service for platinum: excellent tonight!!! f

I was booked from CDG CPH on the last flight tonight, on a very cheap ticket. I left a bit late from Paris center but was still supposed to make it on time with the RER... RER was delayed by over 10 minutes, stops everywhere, I arrived 10 minutes before flight time at ticket office at 2D, told them i was on my way... but gate was closed and unattended 7-8 minutes before flight. Went to transfer desk, they called... but it was too late, aircraft door was closed, etc.

I went to the lounge, told them what happened. At first, they told me i would need to buy a new ticket (which would not be AF for a one way trip!). I started to look at alternatives, but they called me again, with a boarding pass for tomorrow morning, due to my history with AF, platinum status etc.

Rather often AF is failing indeed, creber can testify. Late flights etc... it happens, sometimes they are faulty, sometimes it is more force majeure... but that is the life of the air traveller. But this time, i was faulty (i should have left earlier) but not entirely (from RATP schedule i should have been on time by a small margin). But they put me on the next flight tomorrow, without even having to argue for hours with a manager etc.

The way they handled this problem makes me feel good, better than some bargaining on 25-50% miles on some tickets etc. AF delivered excellent customer service, on the spot, with understanding yet protecting their revenue and rules, in all fairness for everybody. Thumbs up to AF and the lounge staff (and sales team) at 2D, I feel happy to keep on being a platinum member, despite what happened lately in the news.

I don't ask to have free rebookings for convenience, i accept the rules of the tickets i pay for, but this level of customer service and understanding that unforseen problems happen to anyone, AF and myself included, deserves to be brought out on such kind of forum, where AF image has been damaged, even if it has often been (and unfortunately) justified lately.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
That is really nice! Bravo AF 2D! This is an example of good customer service.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
to be honest ... I am very surprised AF did this, since it was clearly your fault. Even with RER on time (10 minutes late is nothing) you were cutting it way too close. I would be delighted if they offered half of this during irrop situations where they screw up.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Well done AF - they can be human when they want to!!!

On the other hand I'm sitting in Moscow without my luggage...
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Well done AF, for sure ^

However, I must say - you planned to arrive at the airport 20-25 mins before ETA?! Guess you were looking for trouble, there!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
My flight arrived this morning 20-25 minutes late... it happens, but i accept it much better when flexibility and understanding goes both ways.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Excellent! Bravo to AF in this case. Customer service to a loyal customer in a very generous and understanding way. ^^

Let's hope we have more instances of this (i.e. so much so that not every time somebody gets a service that should be expected is a one-off thing that merits reporting on this board)!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Wow !!! I am shocked.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: FB Gold
I would say you were lucky.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Maybe my luggage went to Copenhagen as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.