Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR: Automated Border Clearance kiosks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR: Automated Border Clearance kiosks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
I also used these at the end of June coming home from PVG. They basically replace the face to face interview with customs. They accept PR cards and Canadian passports as ID but the day I used they were only allowing Canadian passport holders to enter the line. At the kiosk I was asked if I had exceeded declaration limits and if I had a fever and a cough. A number then printed on my declaration card. I presented the card and my passport to an agent close to the others in the booths. I guess they are confirming your identification at that point. It is an improvement as there 10 kiosks which is more than the number of agents even on busy days. I have NEXUS now though which is even better.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Looks like a good alternative for those who don't have NEXUS/CANPASS memberships.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.