Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was in Singapore and Tokyo but the AC app thought I was in Norway.
Also, it was National Day in SIN, so if you're going to wave flags at me, perhaps choose the right one.

Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I was in Singapore and Tokyo but the AC app thought I was in Norway.
Also, it was National Day in SIN, so if you're going to wave flags at me, perhaps choose the right one.

It always thinks I'm in Norway. I think it's the default option when location errors.... instead of, like, Canada
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Air Canada App and Apple Watch

Hi all,

Just got an Apple Watch - and everything is synced up and running, except for Air Canada's stupid app!

It just says 'Departure within 24 hours appear here' 'Use Iphone to add flights'.

I've got a flight tomorrow (T-14 hours) that displays in both My Flights and I put it into 'Tracked Flights' but I cant get the stupid thing to show up.

The boarding pass I've sent to my wallet which is displaying in phone ok...

Anyone had this?

P.S I checked the 'Apple App' thread, but at 47 pages that's alot to go through! Is there a way to search just the thread itself?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Erome
Is there a way to search just the thread itself?
Yes, there's the 'Search this Thread' feature on every thread and it's upper right hand corner of every page in every thread along with 'Thread Tools' and 'Rate this Thread'.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
So what good is the app when it doesn’t post delays

so waiting as usual through another AC delay.
Sunny skies, and inbound air craft arrived over hour ago. No crew.

my question is what good is the AC app when it doesn’t tell you flight is delayed by an hour or more.

My my error was thinking app would tell me there was a delay before I left lounge. And if the flight is delayed an hour (for now) because of no crew did they not know awhile ago there is no crew rather than waiting to tell us 20 minutes before boarding.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by YXUhomebase

my question is what good is the AC app when it doesn’t tell you flight is delayed by an hour or more.

My my error was thinking app would tell me there was a delay before I left lounge. And if the flight is delayed an hour (for now) because of no crew did they not know awhile ago there is no crew rather than waiting to tell us 20 minutes before boarding.
It can be used as a door stop.

Oh wait.

No it can't.

I guess it is no good.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
The app has been good for me in posting delays recently.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
The app is great for telling you that "you can check-in for your flight" at nauseum over and over even though you already have
eracerblue, Queen B and jc94 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Still waiting for crew and now closing in on three hours. They are coming from their homes.

app is true to form and tells me after the revised departure time has passed then it updates.

First time for me, they have offered us to go to Tim Horton and show our boarding pass for a free meal.
great compensation for a late arrival and late night to start the week.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
Originally Posted by YXUhomebase

yeah too often recently the app says inbound aircraft is at gate (which it is) but flight is delayed as crew is coming from elsewhere. It seems many of the YYZ- west flights have crews originating in LGA, etc on short connections. Nothing like making your trunk routes dependent on crew arriving from airports notorious for delays
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
I guess it is no good.
Depends what you're looking for.

I for one think it should be a toggled option in settings, labeled "Just for laughs"
YXUhomebase likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:14 pm

Hi folks,
Having some trouble with logging into Mobile+/linking Aeroplan on the app on my iPhone X running iOS 12, latest app update.
I try to log into Mobile+, it tells me "The email or password entered is invalid. Please try again." I try to link my Aeroplan, it tells me "Invalid Aeroplan credentials"
I've reached out to the iPhone support email, no response. I've redownloaded the app, changed passwords for both accounts- issue persists.
Anyone have any similar issues, and hopefully a solution?

Thanks for the help!
traacs likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
How do you get Calendar sync to default to the standard iOS calendar rather than creating a separate 'AC Calendar'? I have no need nor want to maintain two calendars, particularly when syncing my calendar across multiple devices.

I've used the Air Canada Mobile Support email address to ask and all I received was a canned response thanking me for contacting them.
Does anyone else get this behaviour that the iPhone app syncs to a separate 'AC Calendar' rather than the default iOS calendar.?

Every time I add flights or Air Canada updates some flight information that causes a refresh of the event(s), they get created in the iOS Calendar app under the 'AC Calendar' rather than the standard Calendar. So I edit the event the change the calendar to the default Calendar and delete the newly created 'AC Calendar', which the app claims is from my PC (Windows 10, using Office 2016). I've confirmed there is no 'AC Calendar' on my PC.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:40 pm

Anyone having login issues with mobile app and iPhone X?

I can accept my account on iPhone 7 but not on iPhone X. It keeps telling me the password or email is wrong when it's not.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RLand
I can accept my account on iPhone 7 but not on iPhone X. It keeps telling me the password or email is wrong when it's not.
Welcome to FT!

(once you get this sorted out, let us know if you see Club Class)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.