Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help a dumbass newbie please!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Help a dumbass newbie please!

Guys, I need some help figuring out what would be the best solution to my problem. Here is what I know, I am currently at 23884 status miles for 2008, I also have 6 flight credits for flight passes as eastern Canada. If I want to reach my goal of over 25,000 status miles, which round trip flight is best from Montreal (YUL), meaning, I know Toronto (YYZ) from YUL is 500 per leg which isn't enough in one round trip flight. The only other destination I know is Winnipeg which is 1200 status miles per leg but a 3 hour flight! What round trip from Yul to eastern Canada airports would yield more that 1200 status miles total?

I plan on flying with my son and doing a back and forth any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ziggy
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Welcome to FT Ziggy. I am not sure about the eastern flight pass, but with the Rapidair Pass, I could route YYZ-YOW-YUL or YUL-YOW-YYZ with one credit. This will take around 3 hrs, but you could take the direct flight for your return, so it's only time consuming in one direction. So YUL-YOW-YYZ-YUL will give you 1500 miles for only 2 credits. (Did this a bunch last year to get more status miles. )
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks Margarita girl, but when I use my flight passes I don't have the choice of routing through Ottawa but great idea though.
Thanks
Ziggy
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, just had a look at the eastern flight pass, and I see a number of cities where you would have to route through YYZ to get there from YUL. Kingston, London, North Bay, etc. Couldn't you just book one of those? Problem is you will have to route through YYZ for your return as well so you would end up with 4 segments and 2000 status miles, but probably still shorter than flying to the Peg.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks but that is what I was thinking but how do you know it gives 2000 status miles? is there a chart somewhere or you have done these legs before?

From your original suggestion, If I use 3 flight passes for example yul-yow-yyz-yul I would earn 1500 status miles?

Thanks so much for your insight
Ziggy
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DO NOT USE 3 FLIGHT PASSES!

AC gives minimum of 500 miles on all segments regardless of how short. So just book whichever flights give you the best connections with minimum stopovers. You will get 500 miles per segment even if it is only one flight coupon. So YUL to YXU will automatically give you 1000 miles in one direction, and another 1000 for the return.

My suggestion of YUL-YOW-YYZ can be done with 1 flight credit on the Rapidair pass. If you enter YUL to YYZ, and you scroll down past all the direct flights, you might see the connecting flights there that route through YOW. I certainly could with the Rapidair Flight Pass.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Got it thanks, so even a short leg will be 500 status mile, that changes everything.
Perfect
Thanks
Ziggy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.