Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Good chance of new cabin on YYZ-SCL route (763)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Good chance of new cabin on YYZ-SCL route (763)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
Good chance of new cabin on YYZ-SCL route (763)?

All,

I'm flying YYZ-SCL on Monday eve and it says the equipment is 763, so theoretically I should have the new(er) cabin. Some pages say, though, that they still have some 763's that aren't redone.

Has anyone had experience with this route? Does it typically get the newer version 763?

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
According to the AC website Monday's flight is the new cabin. I've flown that route 7 or 8 times this year and it has been the new cabin every time, so I think you're in luck.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
All 763s on international routes are now converter. Only a few 762s are not being converted and these generally fly the Canada-Hawaii and transcon routes.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
On a flight last week with the old configuration the attendant told me they only have 1 763 left in the old configuration. If you go on line and try and make a reservation, you will see a star next to routes with the new equipment.

Now this may surprise some, when traveling alone I like the new configuration with the sleeper podss, but when with my wife, I like to old configuration. Although not lay flat, larger wider seats and we can chat en-route. I also find the pods can be cramped
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
thanks

Awesome, thanks everyone for your input - now if only we could get op-ups (J is half empty, Y is nearly full) we'd be in business (no pun intended)!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
All 763s on international routes are now converter. Only a few 762s are not being converted and these generally fly the Canada-Hawaii and transcon routes.
Incorrect.

AC has not had any 762 for a few months by now.

There are 3 763s which have not been converted and won't be.

But YYZ-EZE is supposed to get a guaranteed XM plane.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by xman712
Awesome, thanks everyone for your input - now if only we could get op-ups (J is half empty, Y is nearly full) we'd be in business (no pun intended)!
Why would you get an op-up?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dmgt
Now this may surprise some, when traveling alone I like the new configuration with the sleeper podss, but when with my wife, I like to old configuration. Although not lay flat, larger wider seats and we can chat en-route. I also find the pods can be cramped
Not to get too far off-topic here, but I agree the pods could be improved in a lot of ways. The lie-flat seats are ok for sleeping although they could be more comfortable, and they are narrow. Also, every time I recline the seat the headrest tilts up annoyingly, and I have to put it back. And, there's a serious lack of storage space for books, magazines, laptops, etc.

But on a long haul it's better than the back of the bus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.