Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

URGENT - missed a leg of an award ticket; what now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Centurion & relevant programs

hi all!

Long story short, messed up with the timing of my return flight Nice - Munich - Toronto (missed the very first Nice-Munich flight) and am wondering: now what?

Will Aeroplan let me re-route myself somehow or am I out of luck? Also, if they will - I booked my ticket through Aeroplan in Canada, would I have to call them to rebook as well?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think this is up to the airport to handle and begging would be your first course of action IMHO.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I concur. Go to the AC counter at the airport and start begging (nicely of course). If they're nice they'll just put you on other flights. If not, you'll likely have to pay change fees. I don't think they'd charge you for a new ticket though.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I once arrived a day late for my return flight in Whitehorse (had my dates mixed up).

I mega grovelled and was put on a flight the next day as the current day's fight was full by a really nice counter lady named Judy.

Next day I arrived at the airport with a big box of chocolats for Judy - she was tickled pink! I guess staff do double duty in Whitehorse as she was also the gate agent. As I was about to board I thanked her once again. She told me to hold on for a minute.

Once the big mob had boarded she went back to her screen and next thing she had upgraded me to business class both for the Whitehorse to YVR leg but the YVR - YYZ leg as well.

Now that was good service, eh!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.