Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to get refund for a ticket booked on aricanada.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold

I booked a J ticket (Executive Fully Flexible) on aircanada.com earlier this month, YVR-NRT, but decided to cancel it due to change of plans. I then logged on to aircanada.com and pressed "Cancel booking", and shortly after got a confirmation e-mail from AC. Strangely, it didn't mention anything about a refund, but just said:

Booking Cancellation
You have successfully cancelled your flight reservation. Visit aircanada.com again for more great travel deals.

Retain any balance for future travel credit

* Please print this page for future reference and keep your booking reference number. You will need to contact Air Canada Reservations to use any outstanding amounts for future travel credit. (Please note that fares available online are not necessarily available through the Call Centre.)
* Amounts must be used within one year of the ticket's issuing date. If travel has begun, amounts must be used within one year of the travel start date.
* Non transferable: the original booking passenger(s) must use their respective amount(s).
* Any amount remaining unused after booking a new flight is forfeited.
* Items from customized flights, including À La Carte travel extras that are not refundable, such as Assigned Seat Selection, Maple Leaf Lounge Access, and In Flight Café snack or meal vouchers may be used on future flights, subject to availability.
I quickly found this piece of information og aircanada.com:

Originally Posted by http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/traveller/onlinecancel.html
Some fares are non-refundable online, but refundable through the Call Centre, such as Executive First or Executive Flexible. If you are in doubt as to your ticket's refundable status, please contact Air Canada Reservations.
I got horrified - as I don't want to have $5000+ of credit with AC - and called their reservations number at 1-888-247-2262, but the lady there said that it actually would get refunded.

Who's right? Do I have reasons to try to contact them again?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:21 am

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
Originally Posted by ikura
I booked a J ticket (Executive Fully Flexible) on aircanada.com earlier this month, YVR-NRT, but decided to cancel it due to change of plans. I then logged on to aircanada.com and pressed "Cancel booking", and shortly after got a confirmation e-mail from AC. Strangely, it didn't mention anything about a refund, but just said:

I quickly found this piece of information og aircanada.com:

I got horrified - as I don't want to have $5000+ of credit with AC - and called their reservations number at 1-888-247-2262, but the lady there said that it actually would get refunded.

Who's right? Do I have reasons to try to contact them again?
I cancelled a latitude fare online, but found that I had to call them to get a refund issued. Once I called them they processed the refund within a couple of days to my AMEX.

mpc1
Old Aug 23, 2008, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
Thank you for your advice. I called them once again and this time the CSR wrote down my request for a refund and sent it to the refund dept. Hopefully it works out just fine.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:40 pm

Have a refund awaiting review for 7 weeks; got a mial today - "Please allow an additional 3-4 weeks for review of your claim.
We are further behind than normal at this moment."

So that will be 11 weeks & then a couplke for process. Oh the Joy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.