Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Boeing delays delivery of 787/777s to Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing delays delivery of 787/777s to Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...t-on-quot.aspx

The Boeing Co. officially announced that they had reached their "power on" milestone for their first 787 Dreamliner Friday, and reaffirmed its commitment for the plane's first flight in the fourth quarter of this year.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Boeing strike delays Air Canada jet deliveries

http://ca.reuters.com/article/busine...48N68D20080924

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Air Canada's (ACa.TO: Quote) fleet renewal plan has been dealt another blow as a strike at Boeing Co (BA.N: Quote) delays delivery of new fuel-saving wide-body aircraft, its chief executive said on Wednesday.

Air Canada CEO Montie Brewer said the country's biggest carrier does not know when it will receive two Boeing 777s it had expected by the end of this year. It had also banked on one additional 777 in the first quarter of 2009.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: AC Nothing, Delta Gold
Rumour mill at the water cooler has it that a couple of 762s will now be sticking around a bit longer than planned.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE
That'd be a pity.. I was tlakign to a fellow from AC at YVR last week and he was telling me the 762's will be out (at least for the YVR-HNL route) as of Nov 2nd or so and replaced with 330s...

Who knows though..
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I think the 2 remaining A340s will hang around a bit longer too !
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
AC need the 762 for HNL. its the perfect plane! And the 340 can go back on YVR-HKG "Clipper Express" I dont fly either route so its a perfect place for the planes.

Last edited by why fly; Sep 24, 2008 at 1:57 pm
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
AC need the 762 for HNL. its the perfect plane! And the 340 can go back on YVR-HKG "Clipper Express" I dont fly either route so its a perfect place for the planes.
The 762 is not a perfect plane for any route, it is horrible in both coach and business. I was so excited when they made the change to the 763 a while back and even more so when they changed to the 333. Oh, the horror of going back to that worn out plane on the hnl-yvr run. 5-6 hours is really tough to take on the 762's.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by niele
The 762 is not a perfect plane for any route, it is horrible in both coach and business. I was so excited when they made the change to the 763 a while back and even more so when they changed to the 333. Oh, the horror of going back to that worn out plane on the hnl-yvr run. 5-6 hours is really tough to take on the 762's.
Don't push any panic buttons just yet. As the previous post stated, it's just a rumor around the water cooler. BTW...Who's water cooler?? As it stands, I believe the 762's are slated to be removed concurrent with the Winter Schedule.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC-E
Whoa! Bite your tongue you rascally varmint!

I fly the yvr-hkg route and can't stand the old seats of the 340 anymore... bring on the 777!

Wooe
Old Sep 24, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Don't push any panic buttons just yet. As the previous post stated, it's just a rumor around the water cooler. BTW...Who's water cooler?? As it stands, I believe the 762's are slated to be removed concurrent with the Winter Schedule.
I have a friend who works at AC office in mtl. When I told him that I had the 762 on the yvr-hnl leg.....he was shocked as he thought that these birds were supposed to be parked by now...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by mashlakito
I have a friend who works at AC office in mtl. When I told him that I had the 762 on the yvr-hnl leg.....he was shocked as he thought that these birds were supposed to be parked by now...
WEll your friend in mtl is like an FA.

PS the 762 are flying every day Also if your friend in MTL looked out his window he would see the 762 twice a day flying YUL-YVR.

PS the 762 is not flying YYZ-NRT Oh and nor is the 777
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:50 pm

WEll your friend in mtl is like an FA.

PS the 762 are flying every day Also if your friend in MTL looked out his window he would see the 762 twice a day flying YUL-YVR.
I was on that 762 YUL-YVR flight a couple of weeks back and got into a conversation with a FA about this aircraft leaving the fleet soon - he had no idea whatsoever about that plan.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Originally Posted by jclass
rumour mill at the water cooler has it that a couple of 762s will now be sticking around a bit longer than planned.
shut yo mouth!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by robsawatsky
I was on that 762 YUL-YVR flight a couple of weeks back and got into a conversation with a FA about this aircraft leaving the fleet soon - he had no idea whatsoever about that plan.
Is this FA typical example of most AC staff with such poor knowledge about the employer that he is working for and customers and shareholders that he is to serve?

He just have to read page 19 of the 2008 Q2 MD&A. There is no secret that the B762 fleet will be withdrawn from service by the end of fiscal 2008.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: AC*E, Fairmont PG, Starwood Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Boeing strike delays delivery of AC's 777's

Here's the link:

http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1222281149.html

September 24, 2008
Air Canada's fleet renewal plan has been dealt another blow as a strike at Boeing delays delivery of new fuel-saving wide-body aircraft, its chief executive said on Wednesday.

Air Canada CEO Montie Brewer said the country's biggest carrier does not know when it will receive two Boeing 777s it had expected by the end of this year. It had also banked on one additional 777 in the first quarter of 2009.

"They'll come late," Brewer told an investor conference in Montreal. "(Boeing has) given some initial indication day to day, but obviously they don't really know until the strike ends and they can understand how the supply chains and the whole process can begin back up again."

Air Canada has so far taken delivery of 15 777s.

This year, it has had already pushed its timetable for receiving new-generation 787s back by two years to 2012.

Development of that aircraft had been fraught with costly delays before nearly 27,000 Boeing machinists walked off the job in early September, stopping production at the company's Seattle-area plants.

Both aircraft types are seen as key to Air Canada's long-haul flying strategy.

Brewer said the company will "manage through" the delay getting the remaining 777s. He did not elaborate.

Earlier this year, as oil prices headed toward a record above USD$147 a barrel, Brewer said Air Canada might retire wide-body Airbus A330-300s sooner than planned, and use replacement jets to reduce fuel costs before the 787s start entering the fleet.

(Reuters)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.