Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YOW - LHR October

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Question YOW - LHR October

Hi, having just reached the ranks of the retired my travel will be reduced drastically. I am currently Elite, but will probably see no more status after this year.

My wife (no status) and I are planning a trip to the UK this fall. I would like to try the 777 J class.

It looks as thought I can still book reward seats that will give me YOW-YYZ-LHR (777) outbound in J and a LHR-YHZ(767)-YOW return (seems the only J seats westbound are on the LHR -YHZ leg regardless of date chosen in a one week window)

First question what are the fees per person likely to be for this reward trip?
Second question, is there a reasonable chance that an XM'd 763 will be on the LHR - YHZ leg?

Second option is to use SSWU's (I have 4) for the trip. What is the likelihood, as an Elite on a Leisure fare, that we will be able to cash in the SSWU's for upgrades on the Oceanic portion of the flights. We will probably fly mid week as I assume this will give us the best chance.

I realise reward travel will (nearly) guarantee J travel but what is the chance of the upgrades panning out?

ex-egll
Old May 5, 2008, 5:37 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Don't know exactly what the fees will be, but they are likely to be in the $400 range.

For the LHR to YHZ segment it should be an XM'd 763 because they should all be done by then.

Regarding the SSWU option, I'd be inclined to go for that. I've never not been able to use a SSWU on an LHR flight. You also have the option of switching to route through YYZ if YOW is full in J (also YUL, but that's usually a 333) and the YHZ flight almost always has J space.
Old May 5, 2008, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for the response

ex-egll
Old May 5, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Originally Posted by ex-egll
Hi, having just reached the ranks of the retired my travel will be reduced drastically.
There should be lots of time for travel now that work isn't getting in the way!

Fees ex-YYZ were $430 in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.