Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UPDATE: Winter cuts YVR-KIX, YYZ-FCO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UPDATE: Winter cuts YVR-KIX, YYZ-FCO

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 3:45 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Do you have any reason to think that just because LOADS were high YYZ-FCO that YIELD was high? A full business class cabin with a full economy class cabin does not necessarily mean anywhere near "full PURCHASED business class cabin".

It could very well be (a) economy seats + upgrade certificates, or (b) oversold economy = op-ups.

Simon
Old May 7, 2008, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon
Do you have any reason to think that just because LOADS were high YYZ-FCO that YIELD was high? A full business class cabin with a full economy class cabin does not necessarily mean anywhere near "full PURCHASED business class cabin".

It could very well be (a) economy seats + upgrade certificates, or (b) oversold economy = op-ups.

Simon
I have no ideas of the real status of these flights- however I bought C fares, and in a couple of cases J, and could not help feeling a bit ripped off as the planes were always the old ones with the portable DVD player where you have to be a magician to get the plug to work for the sound. In the end, my colleagues and I ended up deciding it was better value to go through FRA and get new LH business, which was at most the same price, and sometimes cheaper. So, I cannot comment on loads- but it seems very odd to me given the large Italian population in Toronto, the frequent business transactions between Italy and Canada, and the overall frequency of Canadians to visit Italy that this cannot be a profitable flight? Somehow DL can fill planes VCE-ATL and JFK daily and 2X frequency in the summer- and it is difficult to get BE seats some of the time even purchased. US, everyones favorite, is also busy on their VCE-PHL route- also frequently full in Envoy. So, given the reduction of AZ also to stop serving MXP from YYZ- is there no room for AC in Italy? Even AA just increased frequency with a new route JFK MXP 7X weekly. LH is also increasing their Italy lift significantly- to connect with their MUC and FRA hubs, as is LX for ZRH, and OS for VIE. Something here is difficult to understand...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.