Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by imverge
I just got off the phone with National, my original contact Joe Hayes (Manager) is on a leave because of surgery and is not expected back until Feb 15th.

Spoke with another another manager on duty "RJ"... Since the 8 weeks has elapsed.. she has placed a message for their Canadian Marketing office to look into the matter and has forwarded the screen shot as reference. A answer is expected no later than Wednesday.

I'll keep at them. I'll report back.

Anyone interested in turning up the heat you can email "RJ"

[email protected] and type "1000 AEROPLAN BONUS" in the subject field.

FURTHER UPDATE

Just received a call back from RJ, she has heard back from Mark in the Canadian Marketing office. He apparently has a spread-sheet of all the members who enrolled before Nov 30th.

To confirm that you are on that list please email RJ at the email address above and provide your Emerald membership number along with your Aeroplan number. She will personally check with Mark and get back to you.

I have provided my info so I'm waiting now for a reply.

Hope this helps

thanks, let's see if RJ actually responds!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
Thanks imverge.

My e-mails (mine and Mrs 2muchfun) have been sent but subject line was "1,000 + 2,000 Aeroplan Bonus Miles promotion" (1,000 Emerald Club registration and 2,000 for first rental).

It will be nice to get confirmation that we are on their list, it would be nicer to know when they will credit the Miles and it would be even nicer if they would credit those Miles right away so we can move to something else!!!

They have lost 3 rentals from me as I have boycotted based on them not delivering the Miles in an acceptable timely manner.

2muchfun
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by beepyou
thanks, let's see if RJ actually responds!
I did get an email from her today confirming that my info has been received.

I encourage anyone who signed up, please send her an email as this might be your only chance in getting your 1000 sign-up AP miles.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
I did get an email from her today confirming that my info has been received.

I encourage anyone who signed up, please send her an email as this might be your only chance in getting your 1000 sign-up AP miles.
yep. me too, I'm guessing you were one of the 5 people on got the e-mail...
Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Emerald Club

I've now sent them 3 letters requesting mileage. Hopefully 3rd times a charm.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I've just emailed RJ.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:37 am

Count me in as well.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:59 am

Just got this email:

This email is just to let you all know. I have forwarded all of your information over to our director of loyalty marketing for National car rental in Canada. He is checking on all this information and will get back to me. I will be keeping your email addresses and letting you know what I find out about your bonus miles. Thank you for using National Car Rental.

Argie Register
Manager on Duty
National Customer Service
800-468-3334
Old Feb 6, 2008, 9:00 am

However, National dropped the ball on PIPEDA legislation: it included all of the recipients' (most of whom I assume are from FT) email addresses in the TO: field! Hilarious...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:51 pm

So after waiting 72 hours for them to check my name against their list without a reply... (Does their system not have a search function)

I decided to call The Director of Loyalty Management in Canada for National Car Rental. He is now personally looking into the situation and welcomes anyone who has not received the 1000 miles bonus to contact RJ in customer service: [email protected]

You will need to provide your Name, National Emerald Club number along with the Aeroplan number you used when you signed up.

In the email subject field please label it as: Aeroplan 1000 Bonus

I told Marc, that if this is not taken care of from this point forward in a timely manner, to govern himself accordingly.

National Car & Truck Rental
280 Attwell Dr
Malton, ON M9W 6K8, Canada
(416) 798-8802

Last edited by imverge; Feb 22, 2008 at 8:16 am
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:02 pm

Thanks imverge!

Got ur pm. Message sent.

2muchfun
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, ANZ Airpoints
just an additional bit of info on this topic:

I got exactly the same email (identical wording) from someone else at National (Kathy B) in October when I complained ( I enrolled last august) and still have not seen my 1000 enrolment points or my points for the car I rented.

Do I ever want to use National again?? NEVER
Old Feb 12, 2008, 5:48 pm

Have anybody heard back from Mark on the timeline or got some Miles?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So after waiting 72 hours for them to check my name against their list without a reply... (Does their system not have a search function)

I decided to call Marc Vitalis The Director of Loyalty Management in Canada for National Car Rental. He is now personally looking into the situation and welcomes anyone who has not received the 1000 miles bonus to contact RJ in customer service: [email protected]

You will need to provide your Name, National Emerald Club number along with the Aeroplan number you used when you signed up.

In the email subject field please label it as: Aeroplan 1000 Bonus

I told Marc, that if this is not taken care of from this point forward in a timely manner, to govern himself accordingly.

National Car & Truck Rental
280 Attwell Dr
Malton, ON M9W 6K8, Canada
(416) 798-8802
Govern himself accordingly? What are you going to do? Call in the Aeropolice and Aerolawyers and take them to Aerocourt?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:57 pm

All I ever got from National was this Email:

Dear Mr. XXX,

We are working with Air Canada to get these bonus miles posted as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Argie Register
Manager on Duty
National Car Customer Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.