FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/721926-1000-bonus-aeroplan-miles-emerald-club.html)

st7860 Aug 4, 2007 2:48 pm

1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club

http://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/aeroplan/referral/

YYZC2 Aug 4, 2007 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by st7860 (Post 8174787)

Thanks for the heads up!

For those who want the Reader's Digest version of the offer:

1,000 Aeroplan miles to sign up with National's frequent renter program, and 2,000 more miles upon first rental.

I'm a Hertz guy but wil give National a go for this deal.

st7860 Aug 4, 2007 5:00 pm

for this promo you don't need to rent any cars. but you do need a drivers licence. lol.

superdawg Aug 4, 2007 6:48 pm

Either the promo did really well in its first run or maybe not and they want more people to sign up (first run ended mid July), good to see it back however I still haven't seen the initial 1000 Miles and I signed up over six weeks ago.

beepyou Aug 4, 2007 7:37 pm

excellent deal!

Phileas Aug 5, 2007 2:18 am

Well, I hope you will have more luck than me with this deal: my wife and myself signed up with National in May following the exact same link. None of us has ever been credited the 1000 miles bonus for registering. Furthermore, my wife rented a car using her new Emerald club card early June, but she has still not seen any bonus mile credited for it.
I have contacted National about it and they told me that you have to rent a car to get the first 1000 miles bonus. Even after I told them this was not what was mentioned on the deal page, they keep saying that I won't get a mile before I rent a car...
Last thing I heard from them after telling them this looked like false advertising was on July 17: "...Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management for review...". But it seems the appropriate management does not feel very concerned about it, as I never heard from them.
This being said, if anyone has a recommendation on where a formal complaint could be filed, I would be more than happy to do so and let you know if there is any hope to ever get those miles.

airbus320 Aug 5, 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Phileas (Post 8176880)
Well, I hope you will have more luck than me with this deal: my wife and myself signed up with National in May following the exact same link. None of us has ever been credited the 1000 miles bonus for registering. Furthermore, my wife rented a car using her new Emerald club card early June, but she has still not seen any bonus mile credited for it.
I have contacted National about it and they told me that you have to rent a car to get the first 1000 miles bonus. Even after I told them this was not what was mentioned on the deal page, they keep saying that I won't get a mile before I rent a car...
Last thing I heard from them after telling them this looked like false advertising was on July 17: "...Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management for review...". But it seems the appropriate management does not feel very concerned about it, as I never heard from them.
This being said, if anyone has a recommendation on where a formal complaint could be filed, I would be more than happy to do so and let you know if there is any hope to ever get those miles.

A formal complaint should be addressed to the Competition Bureau

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/i...itemID=19&lg=e

Guy Betsy Aug 5, 2007 8:47 am

I'm still trying to get AC to credit 500 miles each per rental from Nov 2005 !

My Aeroplan number is on my Emerald Card profile. But in some places, like the UK, you have to give the number at time of rental. I make sure that it's on the rental agreement.

I waited for at least 3 months, and then sent it each rental agreement to Aeroplan and so far I have not seen anything credit. I call and ask Aeroplan, they have no idea, said that they never received the info. So I sent in another set - about 6 rentals between Oct and Dec 2005, and stil nada.

I've given up hope.... and now credit all National Car Rentals to other FF plans now. They usually get credited within a couple of weeks.

trilinearmipmap Aug 5, 2007 9:30 am

Good luck with this one.

In May I received an e-mail offer to sign up for Emerald club and get 50 Airmiles, then 100 more airmiles with my first rental. I signed up and then rented a car in June.

No miles have been posted.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"[email protected]"
to me

show details
8:39 am (1 minute ago)
Thank you for contacting us.

We've received your email and will respond to you within 24 hours.

This is what you sent:
Sender's E-Mail: [email protected]
Sender's Name: xxxxxxxx
Department: "ConsumerAffairs"
In Regards to: Airmiles offer to join Emerald Club and rent a car: 150 Air Miles not credited
Message: In May I recieved an e-mail from you offering 150 Air Miles to joint the Emerald Club and rent a car.

I joined the Emerald Club (member #xxxxxxxx) and then on June 9th I rented a car.

I have not received the Air Miles you promised me.

I do not have time to chase this down with repeated e-mails or phone calls. You need to credit me the Air Miles you promised.

I have read on the internet that many people have had the same thing happen to them. You are making an offer and not following through on it. It appears that you are doing this intentionally. This is fraud.

If these Air Miles are not credited within one month I will submit a formal complaint to the Competition Bureau.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

YYZC2 Aug 5, 2007 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap (Post 8177875)
I have read on the internet that many people have had the same thing happen to them. You are making an offer and not following through on it. It appears that you are doing this intentionally.

"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."

mudd_stuffin Aug 7, 2007 6:47 pm

It is pretty clear that there are serious problems with crediting an AP account for National rentals. How it works is that National supposedly sends a log periodically to AP. If for whatever reason the name on the National log does not match the AP name, the credit is rejected and no one ever follows up on them. If you call AP, they will say "call National". When you call National, they say "AP rejected it and we do not know the reason; we will send it again" and of course nothing happens.

I have the exact same situation as Guy Betsy - no points awarded for an international rental and it has been over a year. This is with a rental with the exact same name.

In the past, missing points were credited in the end after speaking with an Aeroplan lead and telling him/her "enough is enough".

cure Oct 22, 2007 2:10 am

Anyone receive their 1000 miles? With or without phoning to complain?

superdawg Oct 22, 2007 8:37 am

Does not seem so, I have even emailed my contact at National who first contacted me with this promo to put up on my website and have not heard a peep. :(

1st Class Gekko Oct 22, 2007 1:51 pm

I have experienced the same posting issues when using Avis for daily rentals in the US. Eventually I just switched to National and had better luck but I ended up taking the free day options since in the end those are more valuable than a few thousand AP miles when it's time for vacation.

I believe National has a promo for a free day credit with every 3 days of a paid rental at the moment. How many AP miles would it take to get a free day??? think cost/benefit here!

Wishful Globetrotter Oct 22, 2007 4:18 pm

Not meaning to pile on National here, but my experience is pretty much in line with other posters.

Rarely will I see my Aeroplan points when renting with National. I recently signed up for a National promo where I would get bonus Aeroplan points with 2 rentals. I signed up, rented twice, and never received the points. Although it may sound complacent, I have simply given up on National and their Aeroplan points / bonuses. I rent with them simply to avoid the line at check in.