Search

Car rentals on ac.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Car rentals on ac.com

Just tried to book my car rental on ac.com and a brand new screen came up offering Hertz exclusively. I need to use Avis (company policy).

I then clicked on the hotel tab, then back to the car tab, and the old screen offering a choice of all the car rental companies came up.

Did Hertz work out some sort of exclusivity agreement with AC? The only reason I book car rentals on ac.com is for the 100 point booking bonus, which I never get, but I save a list of all my rentals and when I have 10-12, I send them in to Aeroplan and they credit me with the missing points. Anyone else have problems getting the 100 point booking bonus?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
I see only Hertz now, too. Very disappointing, I used to make most of my rental car bookings via Destina and now the AC site. But with only one provider (Hertz) offered now, I will use another site that scans every car company at the airport.

This other web site (which shall remain nameless, I want all the good deals :-: ) - one time the gal at the rental counter said that my price was even lower than their employee rate (twice I have had daily rentals for a base rate under $20 CAD/day). At Discount and E-cars at their airport locations in YYZ.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Try going from the Car tab, to Hotels, then back to Car. The old screen with a selection of companies comes back.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AVIS no longer bookable on aircanada.com

It seems that you can only make Hertz reservations on the web site now. I sent an e-mail to AC, and this is their response. The only reason I use ac.com was for the 100 mile booking bonus.

Response - 09/13/2007 02:00 PM
Dear Ms. MG:

Thank you for your email and your patience in awaiting our reply.

As with most companies, Air Canada periodically reviews its services to ensure that our product offering is responding to customer demand.
While Hertz is now our dedicated on-line service provider for car rentals, your preference is appreciated and we have brought your comments to the attention of the appropriate operational department for future consideration.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We hope there will be a future opportunity for you to explore the advantages we feel this new service provides.

Sincerely,
RC
Customer Relations

Customer (MG) - 08/29/2007 12:30 PM
My company requires that all car reservations be made with Avis. How do I bypass Hertz to make an Avis reservation on your website?

Last edited by margarita girl; Sep 17, 2007 at 1:17 pm
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Thumbs down

I always booked on AC.com using their exclusive partner Hertz.

Now, out of YYZ, I am offered only Avis and Budget! What happened here? Hertz is gone - they have great cars like Mustang GT, and BMW 328i.

Budget dropped Aeroplan a few years ago, anyway.

Try it yourself by searching for a rental car rez at ac.com
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So do you still get 100 miles for booking car rentals on ac.com? Couldn't find it anywhere. If so, that would be better than the e-store for 1-2 day rentals which is mostly what I do. (My corporate is always $38-42/day.) E-store gives you 1 mile/$ spent excuding taxes.

Looks like neither posts without having to call/write, so no difference there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.