Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh I was trying to plan a trip, and Aeroplan shut down
Yes, it's routine maintenance. Haven't you seen the schedule posted on the site, not to mention the warnings displayed on all parts of the site in the hours leading up to the shutdown?

Oh, no, wait, that's every other website of every other frigging company on the Internet!!!

(I was also trying to plan some trips when it shut down, so I'm not best pleased at the moment).
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Holy useless turtle, Batman!

Like... at first I laughed. Because there are so many warnings that I got tired of reading them.

For the record, this is a Latitude FP booking that I just made, and requested an upgrade for (waitlisted) with eUps.

But here's the best part.

It won't let me select a seat.

I'm a Super Elite on a Y fare, but because it's a flight pass (or waitlisted?), I have to call in.

Edit: And the upgrade system broke for my return trip, so I had to call in to select a seat on the outbound (I already had 21C which is as good as it gets on SFO-YVR ), and to do the upgrade for the return.

Edit 2: The agent on the phone said they've been having problems all day, and was not at all surprised I'd had issues.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 26, 2016 at 12:21 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone else having problems with the eUp site? I can sign in but once I do, none of the links do anything.

No, wait. On Chrome, I can sign in and not hit any of the other links/buttons. But in IE, I can use all the functions but never pull up the sign-in window.

Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Anyone else having problems with the eUp site? I can sign in but once I do, none of the links do anything.

No, wait. On Chrome, I can sign in and not hit any of the other links/buttons. But in IE, I can use all the functions but never pull up the sign-in window.

Pretty sure IE was the dominating browser in the 90's so it just makes sense to only optimize the website for that, right?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:47 pm

Read my post above

My problem was the same as yours - none of the links/buttons worked.

So I called and had them upgrade me.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.

Chrome on the eup site hasn't worked for at least 6 months (had this problem). Safari works.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Chrome on the eup site hasn't worked for at least 6 months (had this problem). Safari works.
Well I know for a fact that's not true, because my first upgrade attempt yesterday DID work with Chrome. The second one failed.

And it's always been possible for me to check my history, etc.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
From my commodore 64 I have always used the best web browser ever, IE and I have never had an issue with the worlds best airline web site
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Pretty sure IE was the dominating browser in the 90's so it just makes sense to only optimize the website for that, right?
But it wasn't even optimised for IE, it didn't even work there

Maybe on a Crapple computer, but on PC, I used the eUp site successfully less than a week ago with Chrome. And in fact it's working again now.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Well I know for a fact that's not true, because my first upgrade attempt yesterday DID work with Chrome. The second one failed.

And it's always been possible for me to check my history, etc.
But it wasn't even optimised for IE, it didn't even work there

Maybe on a Crapple computer, but on PC, I used the eUp site successfully less than a week ago with Chrome. And in fact it's working again now.

Fair enough, let me be more specific. On my Macbook pro 2015 10.11.4 (and 10.11.3) using Chrome it has not worked for many many months. It doesn't let me click on any tab other than the default one it goes to (request an upgrade). Safari works, Firefox works, etc.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:58 pm

Just one more reason not to use a Mac
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Fair enough, let me be more specific. On my Macbook pro 2015 10.11.4 (and 10.11.3) using Chrome it has not worked for many many months. It doesn't let me click on any tab other than the default one it goes to (request an upgrade). Safari works, Firefox works, etc.
eUpgrade pages haven't worked correctly using a Macbook Air on Chrome for months. Kinda crazy considering Chrome is the number one browser.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:25 pm

We are currently experiencing a high volume of visits to our website. As such, Altitude Qualifying Dollar (AQD) information may not be available at this time. Please check back again later to view your AQD tracker and recent transactions.
What is this I don't even.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
LOL

I... what does the one even have to do with the other?

I... I just don't understand
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
There's a memory leak in the AQD code and some intern has to kill -9 aqd && restart aqd every 24 hours when it starts to thrash the disk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.