Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
the crappy tostitos anf bag o hummus made the transfer, wheres the guiness. love the alcohol selection but where is the guiness?

ps denying *g will last a few weeks.... give therm their jolliies,
Old May 19, 2017, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PH-BFS
I'm currently sitting at the new Maple Leaf lounge at LAX T6, waiting for my flight to YYZ (AC788). That's the last departure tonight, so the lounge is deserted right now with only a few people.

To be honest, I'd much rather spend my time at the Star Alliance lounge over at TBIT, even though it's a bit of a trek to get there from T6.

Sorry for the blurry images......

Thanks for the photos.

This was the "bar" in T2. Does the new MLL look like there is less selection?

Attached Images   
Old May 19, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Asiana Club
Originally Posted by billybligh
the crappy tostitos anf bag o hummus made the transfer, wheres the guiness. love the alcohol selection but where is the guiness?

ps denying *g will last a few weeks.... give therm their jolliies,
Don't worry, it's there! Hidden inside the cabinet/fridge underneath the counter.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Thanks for the photos.

This was the "bar" in T2. Does the new MLL look like there is less selection?

Looks quite similar to me. I don't drink alcohol due to Asian flush but if I did, I would be quite happy with the selection.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Captain Morgan!
Old May 20, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I will be one of the UA unwashed using the MLL before a domestic UA flight next week, I will try not to tell any of my fellow UA*G comrades...
Old May 20, 2017, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by PH-BFS
Looks quite similar to me. I don't drink alcohol due to Asian flush but if I did, I would be quite happy with the selection.
I know a few that suffer from that condition and they use Peptid AC, although it is probably not the best thing to do. A quick Google finds this article
https://getsunset.com/blogs/news/diy-asian-flush-cures

​​​​​​
There's also some studies that show, while these medications do block the flushing reaction, there are some side-effects that are worth noting.

The major side effect is that you can get drunk a lot quicker!
​​​​​​
Old May 20, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I know a few that suffer from that condition and they use Peptid AC, although it is probably not the best thing to do. A quick Google finds this article

​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Thanks!
Old May 21, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by bocastephen
This was the old Continental lounge, then a temporary UA location.
No. This isn't the same location. The CO PC, later a UC, was on the concourse level of the terminal. This is upstairs, on the same mezzanine as the Alaska Lounge.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Rogue agent - did you escalate or show the *A Lounge access rules to them? They cannot deny you if the lounge is labeled *G.
AC agent suggested that I show them the MLL t's and c's but I had already gotten on my flight.

I strongly believe that this is actually UA's fault, given that the MLL agent's manager said that a UA manager had told the AC manager to exclude UA golds, which actually sounds plausible.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: *G
Does this new T6 MLL have a view over the airport - the outlook from the T2 MLL was great.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by fin 645
Does this new T6 MLL have a view over the airport - the outlook from the T2 MLL was great.
See posts 326 and 345
Old May 21, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by greg99
AC agent suggested that I show them the MLL t's and c's but I had already gotten on my flight.

I strongly believe that this is actually UA's fault, given that the MLL agent's manager said that a UA manager had told the AC manager to exclude UA golds, which actually sounds plausible.
A UA manager does not have the authority to do this - sounds like BS to me.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I checked out the new LAX MLL for the evening flight back to YYC. T2 was the worst so I'm really glad they moved to T6. It was my first time in the terminal.

The food options were NOT improved at all for "dinner". Same usual stuff found at other MLL's. However, I did really enjoy the new space! Has it's own washroom lol. It's definitely smaller but it has great views. I personally really like the furniture/styling. Bar options are the same. It wasn't very busy as well, which was a nice change from T2 MLL.

I think this will definitely change if/when UA *G's get access and take over the lounge... Not sure what the deal is with AC bending *A policy? I was flying AC J so I didn't get to test out trying to get in as UA*G. If my Lat FP doesn't clear for the next one I'll report back as a 1K trying to get in

Checked out AS in T6 using PP and it was much busier + it was a dump.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I will be one of the UA unwashed using the MLL before a domestic UA flight next week, I will try not to tell any of my fellow UA*G comrades...
If it's a morning flight, don't waste your time - the UC will be much better. This morning had a very depressing offering of cold muffins, stale oatmeal, some juices, toast, jelly and maybe some dry cereal but I wasn't sure.

If I didn't have a two hour drive from Riverside, I would have arrived earlier and gone to TBIT or the UC for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.