Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Does anyone know if it is true AC is renovating the MLL at LAX?

I was at the Air New Zealand lounge earlier this week (next door to the MLL) - star alliance gold has access so I always use this lounge when flying AC from LAX. Anyway, the very friendly attendant asked if I was enjoying the NZ lounge and I said I was and that it put Air Canada's lounge next door to shame. She said yes, but that AC was renovating their lounge next month and that they would probably do something very nice with it. I hadn't heard this before - anyone else heard this?

As for the Air NZ lounge, being able to use it when flying Air Canada is the greatest thing - the lounge itself is beautiful - showers with full amenities, food, snacks, and no less than 6 varieties of white wine and more than 4 red, all the fixings for great martinis, etc. It is really a great lounge! I also noticed this time that the service director for the NZ flight departing from LAX to LHR made an announcement and walked through the lounge introducing herself and a few other FAs to the passengers leaving shortly on that flight. It was a nice touch.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well it certainly needs upgrading...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:48 pm

I'm surprised they don't just have a joint lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:57 pm

I was there on Tuesday... It does look and feel past it's due date. I'm surprised that they don't just share a lounge with NZ.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
Its a shame that it doesn't even have a washroom...you have to leave the lounge and use an outside washroom.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC *P
I used the ANZ lounge recently. The people there were really courteous. Knowing that I was there just for a shower, they asked "how was everything". What a nice touch!

The MLL hostess told me that, apparently, AC pays ANZ a fee for accepting AC flyers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:35 pm

I thought that this happens whenever an AC Star Gold uses a non-AC lounge (and vice-versa). In anycase, should AC ever launch the YYZ-LAX-SYD route, they will certainly need an upgraded facility there.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 9:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
We have a 5 hour layover in LAX Apr 2 on the way to OGG.( It started out as a 2 hour but due to schedule changes by both AC & UA, its now 5). Was hoping to spend some of the time in the MLL but it looks like if its under renovation we'll be sitting in the terminal wait room. I am an AMEX Maple Leaf Club member- do you think they will have any alternate arrangement during the reno? Anyone have experience with admittance to LAX lounge on an AMEX card with paying the $20 for spouse and toting kids? Does it matter that we are on UAL metal outbound to OGG?

Failing lounge access, what can we do for 5 hours in LAX?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
MLL @ LAX is not only old but also really small in size!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:28 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by muskoka
We have a 5 hour layover in LAX Apr 2 on the way to OGG.( It started out as a 2 hour but due to schedule changes by both AC & UA, its now 5). Was hoping to spend some of the time in the MLL but it looks like if its under renovation we'll be sitting in the terminal wait room. I am an AMEX Maple Leaf Club member- do you think they will have any alternate arrangement during the reno? Anyone have experience with admittance to LAX lounge on an AMEX card with paying the $20 for spouse and toting kids? Does it matter that we are on UAL metal outbound to OGG?

Failing lounge access, what can we do for 5 hours in LAX?
Well I know it won't matter that you are on UA metal as it is a * airline so that is a non issue.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Muskoka could use the LAX MLL upon arrival and killed a bit of time there before heading over the the UA terminal.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyeryvr
I was at the Air New Zealand lounge earlier this week (next door to the MLL) - star alliance gold has access so I always use this lounge when flying AC from LAX. Anyway, the very friendly attendant asked if I was enjoying the NZ lounge and I said I was and that it put Air Canada's lounge next door to shame.
I agree. the NZ lounge is much much better than the MLL. Facilty, food selections, amenities, etc are far superior. Always take it over the MLL regardless of which *A flight I take.
Symmetre likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I really do not see why AC would not just share the lounge with ANZ like they do in LHR with SAS. If the lounges are next door they could simply expand them in to one larger lounge.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shore9
I really do not see why AC would not just share the lounge with ANZ like they do in LHR with SAS. If the lounges are next door they could simply expand them in to one larger lounge.
My thoughts exactly ...........
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I hope they do, here at the LAX MLL right now and the doorbell is REALLY annoying every minute... why can't they just have someone at the desk all the time (the person is there all the time anyway usually)

When the ANZ lounge opens at 1230 I'll be heading over there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.