Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
MLL today, 6/12 around 11am. Admitted as *G with no issues.

Pretty wide open and clean, food and beverage selections were good

Last edited by tstauck; Jun 12, 2019 at 10:31 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Deleted. Wrong thread somehow.

Last edited by bigev007; Jun 14, 2019 at 8:22 am Reason: Wrong thread
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:17 pm

Another nice visit to MLL - Sunday, July 21, 8am. Terminal was pretty packed and Alaska lounge next door already had their "no priority pass" sign out.

Went to MLL using * Gold benefit, as I was on a United flight. Even though flight was in T8 and this lounge is in T6, made it over in about 6 min to catch my flight.

Last edited by tstauck; Jul 29, 2019 at 2:19 pm Reason: Add Photos
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Relatives will be going to LAX in June. No status but on J class fare.

The new AC lounge is smaller than the original lounge(s) in T2- very few PCs now; no Canadian newspapers (I was last there sometime in 2019).

I can go to the UA lounge.

Can one completely airside walk to the international terminal and access the Star Alliance lounges there?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Yes. If I have a few hours to spare, I’ll
go through security at TBIT, spend my time at the *A lounge then walk to the AC terminal airside. It takes about 10-15 mins. It’s a far better lounge experience than the MLL if you have the time.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by plankton
Yes. If I have a few hours to spare, I’ll
go through security at TBIT, spend my time at the *A lounge then walk to the AC terminal airside. It takes about 10-15 mins. It’s a far better lounge experience than the MLL if you have the time.
Which is the best Star Alliance lounge?

Of course, one has to make the return walking trip if one has checked luggage- and has to go straight to T7 for checkin?

Of course, one has to make the return walking trip if one connects between a AC and a UA flight - and has time to spare to go to TBIT.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:15 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, it will be nice to some lounge options next weekend in LAX.

At least versus the MLL / partner wasteland for my departure from SFO tomorrow. One of the quirks of flying TB again, I guess.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
The airside connect to the Star Alliance lounge to AC terminal isn’t for the faint of heart. A few long tunnels and lots of escalators, but the reward is worth it if you’ve got a lot of time to enjoy. The food and beverage and terrace are way beyond AC and United offerings. UA is a more moderate walk from the AC gates, but nothing compared to the Star Alliance lounge.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Which is the best Star Alliance lounge?
We are referring to THE Star Alliance branded lounge in the TBIT.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/star...ForAirport=LAX
yyzgigi and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by plankton
We are referring to THE Star Alliance branded lounge in the TBIT.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/star...ForAirport=LAX

If one had TSA precheck - might it be faster to transit landside between terminal buildings of AC (or UA) gate - and TBIT - to get access to the Star Alliance lounge.

is the Star Alliance lounge superior to AMEX Centurion lounges located in USA?
Is this lounge as good as maybe any ANZ or Singapore or Lufthansa lounges- outside of their respective lounges in their host countries?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
If one had TSA precheck - might it be faster to transit landside between terminal buildings of AC (or UA) gate - and TBIT - to get access to the Star Alliance lounge.
From UA's T7/T8, it can be shorter to transit landside. But AC uses the tip of T6 (68AB/69AB). If you're already at AC gates or MLL (above the tunnel), going landside does not shorten the distance. But if you're at the T6 check in counters, walk west to use T4 or TBIT TSA instead.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
is the Star Alliance lounge superior to AMEX Centurion lounges located in USA?
Is this lounge as good as maybe any ANZ or Singapore or Lufthansa lounges- outside of their respective lounges in their host countries?
Food and beverage is comparable or superior to many of the Centurion lounges and unfortunately LAX centurion is indefinitely closed. Some Centerion lounges have a few extra flourishes like spa treatments that you won’t find here, but there is a beautiful terrace with fire pits and a large bank of shower suites in addition to a plentiful buffet and self serve wine and beer (from opening) and a full bar with bartender starting midday.

It is actually run by Air New Zealand on behalf of *A and is comparable or better than most *A business lounges around the world.
plankton and asovse1 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Does the AC lounge at LAX have capacity restrictions?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Regarding the Star Alliance Lounge at LAX:

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
From UA's T7/T8, it can be shorter to transit landside. But AC uses the tip of T6 (68AB/69AB). If you're already at AC gates or MLL (above the tunnel), going landside does not shorten the distance. But if you're at the T6 check in counters, walk west to use T4 or TBIT TSA instead.
Just in case this comes up in someone's future search, I was there yesterday and timed to the airside walk after checking in at AC and clearing security.

From the elevators to get into the MLL to the entrance to the *A lounge took exactly 13 minutes for me and Ms. Boh. Tack an additional 5 minutes onto the return trip if going to AC's (current) gate 69B.

Admittedly, we walk faster than some, so your times could vary.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Regarding the Star Alliance Lounge at LAX:

Just in case this comes up in someone's future search, I was there yesterday and timed to the airside walk after checking in at AC and clearing security.

From the elevators to get into the MLL to the entrance to the *A lounge took exactly 13 minutes for me and Ms. Boh. Tack an additional 5 minutes onto the return trip if going to AC's (current) gate 69B.

Admittedly, we walk faster than some, so your times could vary.
Roughly the same for me. And about 16 min to T7 and United for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.