Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

need sum information related to baggage management

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:54 am
Original Poster

hey guys
i know this message doesnt really belong in this section but i have a project relating to baggage management do you guys know where I could get some information on this. Basically I need information on the baggage handling process.

thanks alot
Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:27 pm

Your post is not very clear as to what you are looking for if maybe you explain yourself better i may be able to help you out as i am a lead station attendent on the ramp in Ottawa.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

hey..thanks

well Im doing a project on how and why baggages get lost and I have to find a possible solution towards reducing the lost baggage problem.
If you guys could inform me on the process by which baggages are handled: from the moment someone checks-in a baggage to the moment they arrive at the destination, and the possible areas where the baggages are most vulnerable to being lost.
I was specifically looking at how Air Canada sorts baggages but if all the companies have no control over the management of baggaes then is it more of an airport problem?

Thanks so much derk99
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:38 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
When you figure this out, tell all of us.... it is a ....ing nightmere, and I cannot tell you the times my luggage has been seriously delayed but I know the incidents are increasing, not decreasing, each year....could it be less staff?? Duh!!!.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

let me know as soon as you can guys

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:17 am

If you manage to be successful with your project you are not going to need to worry about what kind of a mark you get. (I'm assuming it's a school project) You will instantly be very rich. Airlines the world over will be beating down your door to get your solution.

This isn't an airline specific problem, it happens to every airline that carries baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.